Where can I get OEM rubber exhaust hangers??

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I need 3.

Right now i have aftermarket hangers on my car and they are just too flimsy. It allows my exhaust to move too much and it bangs on the framerail in the rear when i bog the engine down.

The Ford ones are MUCH stiffer and will keep it more solid.

I really don't want to spend $14 each for 3 of them.

79-98 HANGER, MUFFLER, UPPER, LH MUSTANG

Does anyone have a different source?

• Sponsors (?)

CJ Pony Parts

Muffler Hangers Ford OEM

86-98 LH Upper each $14.95 E6ZZ5260A
86-98 RH Upper each $23.95 E6ZZ5C263A
87-93 RH Lower each $28.95 E8ZZ5A294A

Tail Pipe Hangers Ford OEM

90-97 V8/94-97 V6 each $20.95 F4ZZ5256A

Exhaust Hanger Insulator

87-93 5.0L each $4.95 EXHI1

I hope that helps. It looks like they're relatively expensive no matter which ones you buy. I'm sure a dealership would hit you even harder for them though.

The ones I've bought before at Autozone are pretty close to the same as stock, and they're pretty darned stiff. I've always had to slather them up with silicone to get the hanger to actually poke in there. Also, they don't always have the hole going all the way through the middle, so you'll have to poke a flathead screwdriver or something to de-virginize it so the hanger then can poke through, and it's a snug fit, hence the lube. (Wow, this is just starting to sound all kinds of perverted... :D )

I had problems with my tail knocking the frame when the car was at a standstill, so I got one of those tailpipe hanger kits from AZ. I only used the rubber strap that came in the box and I wrapped it around the part of the tail that was hitting the frame.... it hasn't knocked in years. I know its not the classiest idea, but no one sees the bottom of my car anyway.

I had problems with my tail knocking the frame when the car was at a standstill, so I got one of those tailpipe hanger kits from AZ. I only used the rubber strap that came in the box and I wrapped it around the part of the tail that was hitting the frame.... it hasn't knocked in years. I know its not the classiest idea, but no one sees the bottom of my car anyway.

That's what I did!!! I put a rubber bumper on the tailpipe!!

Actually, i found a corner of the pipe that was hitting the gas tank that I never saw. I adjusted the cat-back so it should be good now.

I still want to put the OEM hangers on as at idle my tips move around a bit. My buddy has some stuff ford rubbers he's gonna hook me up with