Where the f*** is the turn signal flasher

I have looked everywhere and i cant find it. I have an 88gt and the turn signals dont work they just stay on so I was going to change the flasher. I thought I had found it on the back of the fuse panel but that turns out to be the emergency flasher. I was told the turn signal was behind the radio but I cant find the dam thing and it is driving me nuts. Thanks for the help..

• Sponsors (?)

Empty your glove box, and push in the corners while it's open, which it should then drop down. The look into the dash to the left, if it's not there, then it might be under the steering column. I've seen them in both spots.....

PeteyAce said:
when you turn your signall on do both your dash flashers turn on and not blink? and your outside ones do nothing?

They were doing that but I replaced the gauge cluster to 140mph and now when i turn on the left or right blinker the light will come on and it just stays on. I will check both places he mentioned. I looked behind the glove box and i didnt see anything but it is getting dark so i probably missed it. And I am almost positive it looks just like the emergency flasher. Thanks.

open your eyes and use a light lol just messing, easy to miss if you dont know what your looking for
Open up your glove box, all the way. Push the tabs together on the side and you should see a blusish round fuse
275241.jpg

thats what your looking for

Jquintel said:
open your eyes and use a light lol just messing, easy to miss if you dont know what your looking for
Open up your glove box, all the way. Push the tabs together on the side and you should see a blusish round fuse
275241.jpg

thats what your looking for

You are the man. I will find it tomorrow. Thanks it was driving me crazy.

they can be found: behind the glovebox, behind the radio, between the radio and steering column. there is no one spot for it.

also, does your hazzard switch work (like was asked before)?

good luck.

gotcha. i thought you might have had some freak deal where you did not have enough wattage draw in the TS circuit on each side to heat the bi-metallic spring enough to move.

carry on. :nice: :)

HISSIN50 said:
gotcha. i thought you might have had some freak deal where you did not have enough wattage draw in the TS circuit on each side to heat the bi-metallic spring enough to move.

carry on. :nice: :)

Yeah i get what you are saying. When the turn sigs did work they got slower and slower so i replaced what i thought was the flasher but it was for the hazzards. Well my goal for tomorrow is to find the stupid thing. Thanks for the help.

PeteyAce said:
as stupid as it sounds, i had the same problem and it was just a bad bulb, check your bulbs, it could be them
Petey, that is exactly what Jeff and i were talking about in the posts above here. since the hazzards work fine, that suggests the bulbs are fine (insufficient wattage from bulbs being burned out can cause the bi-metallic spring in the flasher to not heat up enough to bend away from the contacts; the result is often a solid light, rather than a flashing turn signal).

good thought though. :)

Well I found the stupid thing. It was above the fusepanel on the back above the emergency flasher. I guess on 87 and 88 gt they put them there and on the newer ones they put them by the glovebox. Thanks for all the help I replaced it and now they work like they did in 88. Thanks

jeffbigwood27 said:
Well I found the stupid thing. It was above the fusepanel on the back above the emergency flasher. I guess on 87 and 88 gt they put them there and on the newer ones they put them by the glovebox. Thanks for all the help I replaced it and now they work like they did in 88. Thanks
glad to hear you got it. now we know how shops used to charge 400 dollars ($395 for labor) to change a TS flasher. :D