Where to buy new spindles???

valley82

May 16, 2005
San Diega, Ca.
I have searched and searched for new spindles but haven't found squat!?
Does anyone sell the larger bearing spindles...(71?-73?)????
I thought I had seen them advertised in one of the magizines but have had NO luck on the web...

• Sponsors (?)

there is also a complete brake swap kit made by one of the members here, Degins, based on the granada spindle and it is a complete kit with spindles, rotors, calipers, bearings, splash shields, master cylinder, proportioning valve etc. for only a little more than you'll pay for just the spindles above. he is also about to take delivery for a new setup that uses the 65-66 spindle geomtery that elminates the problems associated with swapping to 67-73 and granada spindles as well. check it out.

www.discbrakeswap.com

gzminiz said:
if i had no suspension right now, and I got this, a suspension kit from mustang depot and a flaming river setup should I have everything i need?

flaming river setup? are you talking about the steering gear box or the rack and pinion conversion? stay away from the FR rack kit, it SUCKS!!!!!

that should be most of what you'll need other than maybe the center link and pitman and idler arms. it might help if you post a link to the kits you are thinking about.

suspension - http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/Suspension/usrk.htm

and the full kit -
http://www.discbrakeswap.com/
http://www.discbrakeswap.com/swap_2_3_cropped.jpg

I wasn't sure on the steering, just want something to replace the stock setup. Was just thinking a quicker ratio, something cheap that is good.

I originally planned on a Mustang II setup as I am converting a 6 to v8 and needed new spindles and stuff. It seemed cheaper at the time to get that setup rather then piece one together. But these kits do the entire suspension and pieceing that with the brake kit and some quick ratio steering might be more cost effective.

yeah, but if I convert to the rack i might as well go with the mustang II setup. not much more then that rack and has everything. Wonder if there is a steering kit that has that. What do you think those parts would run. $400 or less and It would be more cost effective for me.

gzminiz said:
yeah, but if I convert to the rack i might as well go with the mustang II setup. not much more then that rack and has everything. Wonder if there is a steering kit that has that. What do you think those parts would run. $400 or less and It would be more cost effective for me.

a MII kit will be about $2500 or more then about that much more for the installation. the randalls rack kit is about 1200 bucks and installation is a snap.

if you need a steering gear box and all the other steering parts you're looking at around 600 bucks or slightly more, that is if you buy a FR gear box.

we still don't know exactly what it is you are working on or what all needs to be replaced.

gzminiz said:

a MII kit will be about $2500 or more then about that much more for the installation. the randalls rack kit is about 1200 bucks and installation is a snap.

if you need a steering gear box and all the other steering parts you're looking at around 600 bucks or slightly more, that is if you buy a FR gear box.

we still don't know exactly what it is you are working on or what all needs to be replaced.

valley82 said:
You guys might want to check out www.opentrackerracingproducts.com for a suspension kit also.
His parts are not the cheapest priced bt the quality is excellent, and suspension is not where I want to save money by buying the cheapest parts out there. just my two cents.
Thank you guys for the deggins info.

i've got a set of opentracker roller perches. i haven't got them on the car yet but i can't wait to try them out. i'm waiting until i get the car on the road to swap them out so i can tell exactly what kind of difference they make in the car.

bnickel said:

I can do the installation myself on the MII. I am replacing eveything. I bought a 67 coupe with a 6 and have gutted it, I am basically just using it as a shell. The front suspension and rear suspension is getting completel replaced. I have a 351w going in it and looking for a toploader (anyone?). I am open to replacing everything neccesary. The suspension, steering and brakes are a must though.

Thanks for all the insight. I really think I will do the brakes and the summit unisteer rack... good prices right now

-GZ