where to find a bezel for a cd player?

Foxfan88

My Grandpa has great wood.
Sep 13, 2004
Miami, Ok
i am wanting the install a cd player in my 88 lx. walmart or autozones kits didnt say it would work for 88 mustangs.

any help?
and any suggestions on a good cd player?

• Sponsors (?)

Foxfan88 said:
i am wanting the install a cd player in my 88 lx. walmart or autozones kits didnt say it would work for 88 mustangs.

any help?
and any suggestions on a good cd player?
Best buy has em, they have a little pocket underneath and the cd player installs above it. I prefer Pioneer cd players but the sonys are very nice as well. Just pick a good branded one.

Dr.

We got the stock radio when we bought the car. It wasnt installed. The hole for the radio and pouch thing is missing some of the support things. So when we tried to put it in, it went past the place it was supposed to go. It was a pain in the butt to get it out, we couldnt do it, so i was just like **** this, and ripped it out, the plastic holder broke off, so its just the pouch and not the part where you screw it on. does the cd player just snug itself in or does it slide in the thing? and will the broke plastic holder work, does it screw to the cd player.

heres some pics of the kit from Best Buy.

MT_KIT2.jpg

INSTALL.jpg

INSTALL5.jpg

reasonable price and nice clean look. worth the time an money in my opinion.

-Ryan

Foxfan88 said:
We got the stock radio when we bought the car. It wasnt installed. The hole for the radio and pouch thing is missing some of the support things. So when we tried to put it in, it went past the place it was supposed to go. It was a pain in the butt to get it out, we couldnt do it, so i was just like **** this, and ripped it out, the plastic holder broke off, so its just the pouch and not the part where you screw it on. does the cd player just snug itself in or does it slide in the thing? and will the broke plastic holder work, does it screw to the cd player.

First thing to learn: no matter how pissed you get, don't just rip on **** until it cooperates...you'll only cause yourself more trouble.

NOW you need to find a new plasting holder to bolt onto the back of the stereo...that's what holds the back up.

As stated, I used the stock pocket under the stereo...it fits snuggly under the stereo and holds the face of the stereo on place.

Stinger said:
First thing to learn: no matter how pissed you get, don't just rip on **** until it cooperates...you'll only cause yourself more trouble.

NOW you need to find a new plasting holder to bolt onto the back of the stereo...that's what holds the back up.

As stated, I used the stock pocket under the stereo...it fits snuggly under the stereo and holds the face of the stereo on place.

Hey stinger, does your pocket and stereo stick out a little bit. I did the same and the both dont fit flush like it oringally did. Do you close up pics of it? thanks