Where to get a tmoss intake!!

old_blue

15 Year Member
Nov 3, 2003
I am looking at running thumper heads and tmoss intake. Is there anyone else running this combo? What kind of cam would I need to run? B303/E303?
Also, would I need to do the injectors?

• Sponsors (?)

Mid 13's??? what else areyou running with that setup? cam?? besides the pulleys i have the same setup (when we both get the heads and intake). LOL!!

Here's what I have

Engine Modifications:

-Ford E7 Cylinder Heads, Ported and polished with a 5 angle valve job, and Performance Vassco Dual Springs, Moley Keepers and Retainers- Thunper's Heads
-Ported Lower Intake Manifold off of a 1986 Mustang 5.0-TMOSS Ported Lower
-Upper Intake off of a 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0
-Mass Air Conversion
-1/5/8 Jet-Hot Coated Pacesetter Headers
-Kirban Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
-Pacesetter Off Road H-Pipe
-Flowmaster 3 Chamber Exhaust
-65mm Ford Racing Performance Throttle Body and EGR Spacer
-3.55 Rear End Gears
-19 Pound Fuel Injectors
-Ford Motorport 9mm Spark Plug Wires
-MSD Blaster Coil
-Modine 3 Row Radiator
-180 Degree Thermostat
-Pro 5.0 Power Tower Shifter
-140 Amp Powermaster Alternator
-K&N Conical Air Filter
-ARP Head Bolts

Suspension Modifications:

-Tru-Speed Strut Tower Brace
-Tru-Speed Shock Tower Brace
-KYB Gas-a-Just Shocks, Struts and Quad Shocks
-Subframe Connectors
-Steeda K-Member Brace
-Eibach Lowering Springs
-5 Lug Conversion Which Includes 11” Front Rotors with Dual Piston Calipers and Rear Disc Brakes
-1999 Ford Mustang Cobra 17” Wheels with Yokohama AVS/ES100 245/45/17 Rubber

I do not have any problems running the 19 pounders. Except, you probably want to get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

What kind of track times are you seeing or what kind of hp do you see with that setup. I want my car to look stock under the hood which is why I want to run the thumper and tmoss combo. Maybe I am blind but I dont see any cam mods on there. Wouldnt you need to change that out to see more power from the heads and intake combo???

To run mid 13s at ~3200# you'll need about 240-260RWHP. Math302HO dynoed at 240HP, has a 3100# 87 notch 5spd with the stock cam retarded 4°, ported E7 heads, long tubes, 3:73 gears, slicks, my lower and he ran 12.7@107. Rio5.0 dynoed at 255RWHP, has a 3650# 95 GT with 65mm TB, 77mm MAF, stock intake with my lower, long tubes, Thumper stage II heads, Steeda #19 cam, pulleys, 3:73s and ran 13.7@100mph. Mid 13s should not be a problem with decent tuning.

well yea i will get a cam.

i should of also said what else i am getting to add to that combo.

like thumper heads, tmoss intake, 65mm tb, 73 maf, cam (dont know what one), and a 75 shot hehehe. so mid 13's right??

i want to try and do this with stock gears. but if not then ill throw in some 3.73's

so, I can get decent power from my stock setup with the tmoss and thumper head combo? I just wanna run into the mid 13's like tmoss said and I think I wil be happy .. for now. Well, rebuild or not I think I will run that setup until the stang breaks. LOL

The stock cam isn't bad at all, and 19's are good for a while. My setup currently is being upgraded with 24#, 255lph fp, and a Kirban AFPR, but with the bone stock fuel system the pressure sat at 40psi and the fuel:air ratio gauge read right on the first rich led all the way to redline.

no problem.

another key factor is driving skills. not saying you dont know how to drive just saying more practice equals better et's. like you can have all that and still be running low 14's. practice makes perfect.