where to get door shells?

billbraskey

Feb 2, 2006
anyone have any idea ware to get door shells for fox body mustangs? i need doors! i live in michigan.. cant find any not rotted...somone have to make them or somthing right?

• Sponsors (?)

alright... well if u end up not using tem ill buy them off you... i will keep my eyes open for convertable doors..i can't even make it to the junkyard till next weekend.. what exactly are you looking for..87+ doors?

alright... well if u end up not using tem ill buy them off you... i will keep my eyes open for convertable doors..i can't even make it to the junkyard till next weekend.. what exactly are you looking for..87+ doors?
p.s are you looking for any other mustang parts?i have some stock 85 gt stuff... ..ie heads cam intake .. ha looking for any trades or anything .. id rather not part with my stock stuff but if it was to get some doors i might..like i said ill keep my eye open for vert doors.. not sure if ill have any luck tho:shrug:

the doors i have on my 88 t-top are rusted on the bottom i think that they are repairable but i am not sure. the doors are that i am speaking of are on a roller that i may put back together or sell it whole with the parts to finish it.i was thinking of cutting the frames around the doors and swapping out the inners.right now being your from michigan you know with the way the weatheris right now can't get any work done in the garage unless you have a heated garage. the other issue ihave with my t-top car is framerails are rotted out underneath the strut towers.so if i decide to part out the roller it will be to be so i can swap the front ends.check out the doors that steeda gt is speaking of until i get the car over to the bodyshop i am in limbo as to where i am going with those doors. my e-mail is [email protected].e-mail me if you can't find anything and hopefully in about a couple of months i'll know where i will be going with these cars.

hey how bad are the doors on your 88...hmmm.. im pretty good with body work and fixing stuff.. granted the right way to fix them would be to replace them.. i would do the same with mine but they are to far gone... u dont happen to have any pics or anything do you?.. ha im pretty desperate as u can tell...
thanks for all your help and taking te time to reply!:flag:

I have a set of vert doors that I'm not using. I don't think there is ant rust on them, I also have a set of hatch doors but they are off a 79 with the lower door latches

sorry i had company over and just now got back online i will try to take some pics tommorrow and send them your way .as far as the vert doors do they have the pedestel mirrors and what year car did they come off of.i would need the ones with the gt moldings unless the moldings are pretty easy to take off and replace.

79 door swill work on an 86 with 79 door panels (or custom ones) the handles are just low on the door. The vert doors have the mirrors in the corners they are off an 87 not gt but mouldings are quite easy to change. I am in the UP of Michigan. please PM me anything further as I don't check in here too often