Where to get Motorcraft parts??

02FastblackGT

Mar 12, 2006
Tucson, AZ
Hey guys,

So I'm doing my first oil change on my stang this weekend. I've read about all of the motor oils, and decided with no previous synthetic, and since my stang is getting up there in miles, I'm just going to stick with the factory Motorcraft oil/oil filter. My question is though, can I only purchase Motorcraft parts from a FORD dealer, or are they available at pepboys, checkers, etc...(I don't think I've ever seen Motorcraft parts there before:shrug: ) Thanks all, have a good weekend!!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

svttech76 said:
you can switch to synth if you want to. don't beleive the old mechanics tales about synth. modern synths are the best oil for your engine hands down.
+1

i buy my motorcraft stuff at autozone, closer than walmart for me

5w20 is a syn blend, good enough for me but buying full synthetic doesn't hurt:nice:

svttech76 said:
you can switch to synth if you want to. don't beleive the old mechanics tales about synth. modern synths are the best oil for your engine hands down.

But synthetics can do such a good job, it might reveal leaks when the sludge that was built up in crevases get removed :shrug:

WalMart, and don't forget a Motocraft filter.