Where To Get Trunk Carpet Panels

Anything between the doors I know way to well - but trunk pieces? - not so much.
Are these used in coupes and verts? 83-93? I'm sure if they are only 87-93 they could still be reto-fitted.
We do not work in fiberglass at all - and molds like that and tooling could be upwards of $5k - to justify doing it I would have to know there is a demand out there that would make that cashola back - unless we find another way to fabricate the pieces - it's nothing I can say with certainty that we'll be doing (our R&D list is seriously 3 pages long), but it's something i can definitely add to the list and look into further. I'll keep you all updated.

• Sponsors (?)

Anything between the doors I know way to well - but trunk pieces? - not so much.
Are these used in coupes and verts? 83-93? I'm sure if they are only 87-93 they could still be reto-fitted.
We do not work in fiberglass at all - and molds like that and tooling could be upwards of $5k - to justify doing it I would have to know there is a demand out there that would make that cashola back - unless we find another way to fabricate the pieces - it's nothing I can say with certainty that we'll be doing (our R&D list is seriously 3 pages long), but it's something i can definitely add to the list and look into further. I'll keep you all updated.

I can verify verts 87-93, anyone with an 83-86 or an 87-93 coupe/hatchback/notchback wanna chime in and let us know whats in theres?

assuming your overhead is $5000
if you can charge $100 per set (still pricey IMO, but it's a fair bit lower than $250, so you get 99% of business if you can put yourself at the top of the google results)
they are a commonly needed/worn out part, especially for ANYONE restoring, (because there is no backing behind the parts so anything that gets tossed in the trunk can easily dent them and make them look... like mine :p), so i'd gander you could EASILY sell 50 fairly quickly, putting you in the black
of course there's other costs, and i don't know the details of the business beyond napkin math, but please keep us informed :)
would you be able to keep me informed via email if i sent you my email address?

I'll be sure to update this thread if anything changes in that direction - I was at mustang week this last week and took countless pictures of the trunk pieces above in the coupes and verts - they were only there from 87-93 but would easily be retro-fitted. I'll keep you guys updated if this moves forward.

Reactions: 1 user
Those are NOS Ford panels. Noone has reproduced them since Ford stopped. So, TMI will be the first to reproduce them:stick:

If I needed those in the pic, I would jump on them because $250 ain't too shabby for brand new NOS Ford panels.

Reactions: 1 user