Where to Mount Nozzle and lots of other nitrous questions PLEASE HELP

MadHandle8169

Founding Member
May 5, 2002
Brick, NJ
Where should I mount the Nitrous Nozzle for my Zex Dry Kit. I heard it is 6-18" before the Throttle Body and I was leaning more towards 6". Would I drill into the plastic or would I drill into the Throttle Body Housing where the Cold Air Intake Connects to the throttle body that little lip thing?

Also which wire on the TPS does the White wire coming off the NMU connect?

Also what did everyone do with the vacuum lines?

Also how did everyone connect to the Fuel Pressure Regulator?
Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to screw anything up.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

dsc00770.jpg

I think it was the grey wire on the TPS. I'll check on the fuel pressure hose. I installed my kit a few years ago so I don't remember. It is an easy install.

29.JPG

00.JPG

You should be able to see where my nossle is mounted from these pictures.

Also which wire on the TPS does the White wire coming off the NMU connect?

****...I can't remember off the top of my head. If no one else responds, I'll let you know when I get home after work today.

Also what did everyone do with the vacuum lines?

As you see from the pictures, mine are hose clamped to my fuel lines to prevent them from flopping around too much.

Also how did everyone connect to the Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Just as the instructions say- the line labeled "TO FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR" is press fit onto the vacuum port on the fuel pressure regulator, where the old vacuum line from the manifold tree to the regulator was. The other line, labeled "TO MANIFOLD" is connected to the vacuum manifold tree, where the old line ran as well.

Sorry for all the questions I just don't want to screw anything up.

Questions are good, better safe than sorry. I'd suggest you take another look at your instruction manual, there is some good information in there.

Swarzkopf said:
29.JPG

00.JPG

You should be able to see where my nossle is mounted from these pictures.

****...I can't remember off the top of my head. If no one else responds, I'll let you know when I get home after work today.

As you see from the pictures, mine are hose clamped to my fuel lines to prevent them from flopping around too much.

Just as the instructions say- the line labeled "TO FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR" is press fit onto the vacuum port on the fuel pressure regulator, where the old vacuum line from the manifold tree to the regulator was. The other line, labeled "TO MANIFOLD" is connected to the vacuum manifold tree, where the old line ran as well.

Questions are good, better safe than sorry. I'd suggest you take another look at your instruction manual, there is some good information in there.

What happens to the old line coming off the FPR? Would I just leave where it used to connect to one of those prongs on the thing that connects to the elbow open? That might be a little confusing. Where the line connects to the top of the FPR and then back to the elbow.

Take of the old line. Connect the new "TO FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR" to the FPR where the old line was connected. Connect the new "TO MANIFOLD" line to the manifold vacuum tree again where the old line was connected.

i never had problems running 24's with the 75 shot of nitrous. and that was with an extremely lean condition (didnt know about it until the wideband was in the tailpipe on the dyno). here is a scan of the dyno run. runs 1 and 3 were n/a and run 2 was with the 75 shot. notice how lean the a/f ratio is.

rogdynosmall.jpg

2 more questions. Which wire do I tap into on the TPS with the White wire from the NMU?

Where and how did everyone run the red line inside the car?

A detailed account of how the hooked up the arming switch would be helpful too.

Thanks again.

To everyone who responded so far and will respond

:hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

wow, im going back a while here (2 years), and i dont have the car to reference anymore. the red wire went through a grommet in the passenger side of the firewall along with the nitrous line. i can snap a pic or 2 of the grommet later on when i get off work if that would help. the black wire was screwed into the chassis under the hood, and the white wire i really cant help you with since im going back so long and dont have the car to look at. a volt meter would make it very easy to figure out though. sorry i couldnt be of more help.

Pictures when you get off work will be great I'm not going to rush to put it together. I want to do it right. I'll check into the red wire on the passenger side grommet. Any better details to where it was located. Is it factory installed or did you drill it out yourself?