where to put the tach

• Sponsors (?)

I put mine on the Drivers side Pillar...Have been Doing this for a few years now...I really like it....plus no extra holes....use only the exisiting one screw..just a tad longer.

coupe052.jpg

Attachments

• coupe052.jpg
    coupe052.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 92
On the dash like ID89GT is where I put mine in teh Notch, as it's a good, stable place for it - I tried it on the side of the gauge cluster bezel just a couple of inches over, but the thing wobbled too much because the big honkin' thing was too heavy. Never thought to mount it over on the pillar with that existing screw - that's a pretty good idea, there. :nice:

I know a 5" tach is kind of overkill for size, but I got a pretty awesome price on the one I bought and it was about the same price as the dinky little ones that don't have a shift light at all, so I figured I'd spring for it.

As far as the question about where to get the light, are you asking about the bulb that goes in there, or the little socket thing that holds the bulb? The bulb, itself, you can score from Autozone or any similar parts store - just have to take the socket and/or old bulb in there and match it up visually.

ok... here is one to add to this, as i am having a simular delima.

i am doing a SN95 Dash Swap in the 93 (sig car). i have a a-pillar gauge pod with my Autometer Ultralite's Oil, and water gauges.... Where should i mount my Autometer Monster tach with Shift light that looks clean and not hideous. pics would be great!