Whereis the PCV?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a good picture but it's near this red circle. It comes off the passenger side cover and runs into the intake. It's a closed system. Not shown in this pic, I'm now running an oil separator to reduce the blow by oil vapor.

Attachments

• pcv location.jpg
    pcv location.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 182
Thanks...........I was wondering if this would work. On my '99 Z I blocked off the inlet to the throttle body and placed one of those small breathers you find in the ricer section at autozone in place of the PCV It was only a restrictor on the LS1s. The PCV was open straight through on both ends with no valve or check ball. Would that adversly affect anything? I never had any problems with oil consumption or anything like that and the intake stayed clean. I also found a cotton-gauzed cone filter in the ricer section that fits our cars for $20 bucks.........even comes in red.

[QUOTE='06 stang]Thanks...........I was wondering if this would work. On my '99 Z I blocked off the inlet to the throttle body and placed one of those small breathers you find in the ricer section at autozone in place of the PCV It was only a restrictor on the LS1s. The PCV was open straight through on both ends with no valve or check ball. Would that adversly affect anything? I never had any problems with oil consumption or anything like that and the intake stayed clean. I also found a cotton-gauzed cone filter in the ricer section that fits our cars for $20 bucks.........even comes in red.[/QUOTE]

I would not install an open breather system. A breather will pull in un-metered air at idle and may cause you to run lean unless you get a tune with it. As much as it's a pain, I would keep it as a closed system. The only reason I'm having an issue is due to the blower I'm running. The pressure has increase as a result of being under boost.

I went and got a carb fuel filter(2 bucks) and spliced it into the PCV line. Works like a charm. BTW I forgot how the MAF was mounted so I had to take the cone filter back... :shrug: .

fin1 said:
I would not install an open breather system. A breather will pull in un-metered air at idle and may cause you to run lean unless you get a tune with it. As much as it's a pain, I would keep it as a closed system. The only reason I'm having an issue is due to the blower I'm running. The pressure has increase as a result of being under boost.

How does a breather pull in unmetered air at idle.
He said he capped off his inlet to his throttle body. And used the breather on the cam-cover.

Unless you think that unmetered air will somehow make its way from the valvetrain into the combustion chamber. If so, he's got bigger problems than a breather.

No problems here. I just hate spraying TB cleaner throught the intake every so ofter because the factory breather setup pulls in oil vapors and gunks up the Throttle body and intake. The filter should keep most of it out.