wheres all the vacum lines go on a carbed car?

• Sponsors (?)

95conv5.0 said:
where is there a vacum line for the intake im running a victor jr

Aaaahh now i see your problem..i had the same myself. All i'm running is a line from the back of my carb to the vacuum tree, and the brake booster line is run into the tree, and then the timing advance vacuum up front that runs from the dist. to the front of the carb. Actually i've got a few more lines that i do need to get rid of...but i need to sort it out because my car came with a lot of confusing BS stuff that had to do with the SSP lights and sirens...not sure what vacuum lines would have to do with that but i had a TON of them that i don't see on regular 302s.

The carbed 79's had a ton of vacuum, all of which I still have hooked up.

If I was going from efi, you only need a brake booster, a dist vacuum line from the carb ported vacuum tap, and a c4 modulator line if usiing a c4.

If possible, I would try to keep the charcoal cannister. The originals had a vent line from the carb bowls, and a purge line to the intake, managed by a solenoid for the vent and a temp vac switch for the purge.

There was a temp switch controlled vacuum switch for the dist and for the air cleaner also.