Where's it coming from...

Red1990Lx

Nov 2, 2006
Ohio
Anyone ever have a small amount of coolant drip from your belhousing. It's not a really bad leak at all, it's enough to be annouying though... I just saw it dripping from the bottom of the belhousing and tried to start from the top of the engine and work my way down, but haven't found it yet. I'm hoping it's not the block or the heads... but those seem to be the most logical.. Anyone else ever experience this....:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i had a leak that look liked it was coming down between the bell housing and back of engine. it ended up being my passenger side back freeze plug. although it was alot more than a leak, it was like someone turned a faucet on. lol maybe u got a really slow leak in a freeze plug

You might be right, I totally forgot about checking into that, I guess you wouldn't think those "go" bad like a hose or gasket, but anything is possible.... Were you able to fix it with your engine in the car or did you have to remove it completely to access it. I would look, but my car is at a storage place due to my living situation (just sold my house)

Check the behind the lower intake and where it mates to the block. I had the same issue and spent forever trying to locate it. Wasn't until I pulled upper intake I was able to get a good look back there and see the issue. For me it wasn't a blown out gasket/seal, but the lower intake had loosened and coolant was seeping out. Probably could've just retorqed and called it good, but it gave a good reason pull everything apart and do the cam swap I've been planning.

i pulled the motor out when i replaced mine, but then again i replaced all of them. the problem is they rust from the inside out. the water in the block rusts them. i read horror stories on here about guys only replacing the one that had a hole in it, then a couple months down the road another leaks. so i decided to do them all at once. i also put a new king cobra clutch in while i was there. haha good luck with your fix

Thanks for the input, The engine is fairly new with about 8,000 miles or so... I need to swap intakes anyway this summer so if it is the lower, ill fix it then. I hope that is all it is, but I checked the lower out, but maybe not well enough!