where's Oink? I got some turbo questions for him!!

• Sponsors (?)

yeah I sent him an email. I'm waiting for him to reply. i want to see if he would be interested in building a turbo setup for me. I'm starting to understand why so few people have turbos now. It is a major pain in the A$$ to find someone who can produce a quality product in a reasonable time, at a reasonable price. I've emailed a number of turbo companys and only one even responded to my email. and I sent a second email to him and he is really lagging at getting back to me. If its this hard to get a response now I can only imagine how it could get after they have my money.

Well i cant speak for the companys but i've had many many many many emails back and forth with Mike about options. Realize that he is putting his car back together and other projects for other people already. This is a true CUSTOM job and i bet he is working all day every day. The same goes for companys. Mike is a stand up guy, u wont be disappointed with him.

This is not something that you can have done in a week. Its gonna take some time. If u want it now, then either build it yourself now or get some patience. BGturbo might have something in stock.

I aborted the combo for a lot of reasons. I decided to go in a new direction.

I don't mind waiting its just the horror stories of people having to wait 6 Months for their products. I don't question Mikes integraty for a second. I would have no hesitations in going with him if the price is right. I know if I go through him I can get exactly what i want and I know that the quality will be top notch.

Like i said, you're not buying a supercharger. Its much more involved and it takes time to build it. And if company's get behind, then thats when the waiting comes along. We're not talking about huge corporations, we're talking about guys who start up their own business to earn some cash.

I dont blame you for feeling the way u do, but at the same time, its the nature of the beast.

nmcgrawj, I completely understand what you are saying. I really want to go turbo and i'm willing to wait. I just want someone who I trust. I would freak out if I handed someone 3-5K and had to wait 6 months and they wouldn't even return my phone calls. but I'm still waiting for Mike to reply to my email. I'm also waiting on jeff from ponydown to return my email.

www.bgturbokits.com

Brian's work is awsome. If your interested i can give you a link to my site with pics of the work he's done for me.

Also he sells just turbo headers for the 94-95's. for the people that want to do it themselves but don't think they want to mess with the headers. Put a turbo on and your cold side and a downpipe and go.

well I talked to mike and unfortunatly he would only be able to do the hot side which i kinda figured. I also talked to B&G and I would have to make a cut out for the MAF and I would have to have a shop here make the piping from the down pipe to my cat back and buying anything on the brittish economy is expensive!! also he's at about 12 weeks waiting period right now.

right now I'm just trying to get a hold of ponydown to order my kit.