where's the chrome part?

hi y'all,

i've been looking at various places (npd, depot, calistang, etc) but can't find this part anywhere....

70 fastback, sportsroof, whatever (let's not get into that :D ), standard interior. chrome piece for rear quarter window. if you were sitting in the back seat, looking at the window, you would see 2 different chrome pieces attached to the window, the window push knob/lock, and (this is the piece) a chrome L-shaped piece that wraps around the edge of the quarter window, running along the front and bottom edge. now that is one long explanation for this piece, so i would really like to know the name of this piece, and where i can find one.

anyone help? i guess i could send it out for rechroming, if i had to. anyway, thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I have never seen it aftermarket. Not sure where you would find it, unless someone had NOS parts. You could try Hemmings Motor News, but if you find some nos be prepared to shell out some dough, those guys aint shy about it either.

The repo "boomerangs" are cheap and flimsy. You'd be better served re-chroming yours. IMHO

As a matter a fact- I have a repo set I didn't use I'll sell you for $100.00 if you want them, whatever you do keep your originals.

thanks guys, i'm not sure we are talking about the same piece. there are two 'boomerang-shaped' pieces related to that window...one on the exterior and the one that wraps around the front edge of the window. i am talking about that second piece...are you?

charlies said:
thanks guys, i'm not sure we are talking about the same piece. there are two 'boomerang-shaped' pieces related to that window...one on the exterior and the one that wraps around the front edge of the window. i am talking about that second piece...are you?

If you've still got yours, chrome them...

They are only available used...

If you need them used, send me an email and I'll put you in touch with a good source...

charlies said:

No, But after serching thru the 70 shop manuals,
There is not one mention or pic of them at all.
I guess they figure that you should be able to figure it out. :shrug:

PB