which car should i get 01gt vs 99 svt

It's all up to you. I have driven a 99 & 01 Cobra and was not really impressed(I'm not knocking them at all,but just was'nt impressed,and yes I would but one if the right deal came along and am looking into a 96 for real cheap right now 8k to be exact).My 00GT was not impressive either,but after some mod's it's getting pretty quick and can run right with my bud's 01 snake. This summer the blower goes on with a few other trick's and it's will be a whole new ball game.

Now an 03 Cobra that's a whole different story.

Either way you can't go wrong but look for a low milage car.I bought my 00GT in 02 & it's a vert. all stock with all option's for 18k. It only had 12k mile's on it. I paid a little more for it than I would have liked to but it's just pristine cond. Alot of the Cobra's & GT's I looked at were beat and not taken care of I waited and found this one and snapped it up.

• Sponsors (?)

zgarske1038 said:
anyways im plaining on getting a new car currently have a 2000 honda civic :puke: and i am dead set on a mustang

the cars that im looking at is a
2001 mustang gt execlent condition, 38,000miles, $15,700 black
1999 svt cobra excelent condition, 46,000miles, $16,900 red

other then that the only difference is insurance considering i am 18 and will be having to pay for it

out of those two options I would get the cobra. that is not a great deal on the gt. I would look for a cheaper gt. also get it quoted out on how much extra the cobra will set you back. I mean if it is $700 more a year or something rediculous get a gt and mod it. I like the looks of an 01gt vs 99. I would think you could get a 2001 get in good shape for 13-14k. then speed the money on a supercharger and have cheaper insurance and a faster car.

i would get the newer car..99?its 2004 next week..do you really want to pay that much for a 5-YEAR OLD CAR.$17,000??brand new arent they like 32?come on man think about it..newer=better..i just bought a 2002 Triple Black GT Vert 5spd in showroom condition, no accidents, with 20k miles..for $16000..and its a vert.

derek02gt said:
i would get the newer car..99?its 2004 next week..do you really want to pay that much for a 5-YEAR OLD CAR.$17,000??brand new arent they like 32?come on man think about it..newer=better..i just bought a 2002 Triple Black GT Vert 5spd in showroom condition, no accidents, with 20k miles..for $16000..and its a vert.

hes also 18, insurance on a newer car would hurt him

i always heard the newer the car, the cheaper the insurance? not true i assume?..my 98 z28 vert was pretty cheap and i was only 17 when i got that..it was $225/month under my mom's name with me as a 2nd driver. also how hard did you like zgarske for a car?i went on ebay and found a Buy It Now for like $16,000...
its a 2002 silver mustang gt in showroom condition, 5spd, dropped on 18inch y2k chrome wheels, exhaust, xpipe, and the car has 20k miles..for 16,000. check it out..its already hooked up.

derek02gt said:
i always heard the newer the car, the cheaper the insurance? not true i assume?..my 98 z28 vert was pretty cheap and i was only 17 when i got that..it was $225/month under my mom's name with me as a 2nd driver. also how hard did you like zgarske for a car?i went on ebay and found a Buy It Now for like $16,000...
its a 2002 silver mustang gt in showroom condition, 5spd, dropped on 18inch y2k chrome wheels, exhaust, xpipe, and the car has 20k miles..for 16,000. check it out..its already hooked up.

not true, i have a 98 right now that has been totalled, it has been repaired, being driven, im only paying $250/mo for it, and since its had constant problems, and some which could have caused an accident easily..

theres tons of factors for insurance, but i would imagine that 99 cobra and 01 gt would have very similar insurance quotes.. you just have to search around for the best insurance company to suit your needs i guess..

You don't understand. I think this guy means that HE will be the only person on his insurance poilicy. With an 18 year-old being the policy holder and only person on it, insurance will be very very high (like I mentioned, $400+ a month)

Either one is expensive to insure at your age.

Go for the lesser of 2 evil's.

Like someone said mod the GT with a charger and a few other goodie's and you'll have a faster car . That's what I like about my GT . I've been tricking it out and making it look different & go well. I've put my own thought and creativity into it's look's and powerplant. For me if I bought a Cobra I would keep the mod's to a minimum.

insurance is a wierd animal. I had an 88 iroc. liabilty and comprehensive was $210 an month. I bought my gt and full coverage was $240 a month. now full coverage for my Iroc was going to be like $320 that is why I did not do it. the guy told me it was because my mustang had airbags, etc. basically more safty equipment. Also their was a sircharge for the "Iroc" model. So I am betting the cobra will cost more and it will not be like $20 a month but $50+. I could be wrong though I never priced cobra insurance because in 01 the cobras were a joke. way to much $$$$$$ for what you got. was it faster than a gt yes. was it 12k faster no way. on the used market is it a function of the deal you get on the car and the maintinence cost. If you will spend $1800 extra just in insurance in the next 3years not sure if the cobra is a smart buy.

Get the cobra. I traded my modded 00 gt for my 99 cobra. Two totally different cars. There is no way the gt could have taken the cobra, maybe off the line but the cobra would run her down. Sure they have no bottem end on them but nothing that at least 4.10 gears cant fix. And everyone is saying get the gt and put some mods on it and it will be faster, why not get the cobra and put some mods on it? Trust me, get the cobra, you wont regret it. :nice: