Which Clutch Linkage Is Best-oem-cable-hydraulic

Ray's 69 Mach1

Aug 3, 2016
My 69 Mach1 came out of the factory as a three speed manual. Someone changed it over to a C4 auto at some point and I plan to change it back to a 4or 5 speed. Should I use the stock clutch linkage or go with cable or hydraulic?

• Sponsors (?)

I have hydraulic in my 35 ford pick up 302 with a t5 .I really don't like the feel of it .It pushes very easy but just doesn't feel right . I dont know why but i always liked the feel of the stock set up but modified with heim joints on the rod ends for a smoother and easier push .

Thanks for the info! My gut feeling was to go with a hydraulic system because that is what all the late model cars have. The factory linkage has so many metal to metal friction points it must be a bear to push in. I'm old as dirt so a smooth working clutch pedal would be a plus! Ray

I've got a cable setup from Modern Driveline I'm looking to sell. New, installed and then decided I wanted to go hydraulic so my wife would be more comfortable.

Make me an offer if you're interested.

It was a sweet set up and felt fine even with my stuff clutch. Very smooth.

Nate

1257b3005a88259cb82157f3f153be1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Mustang Steve cable setup in my 66.
Like yours, it was factory 3-speed and someone changed it to a C4. When I got it 10 years ago I also found a SROD trans and it's still working.
If you go with a cable pay close attention to the routing near the exhaust. Mine burned up right when I picked up someone from the airport, made for an interesting drive to the shop.

JeffH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk