Which computer system?

DOFOXHC

Jan 27, 2007
Lebanon, OR.
Ok not trying to start a war here....just looking for some opinions from people who have aftermarket ECUs in their stangs. Whichs ones get a thumbs up and why? My 347 is finally going in(hopefully this weekend) and was told I should get a ECU to get it dialed in well. Any good shops in Oregon for tuning?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

What part of Oregon are you at?

In Bend, there is MDR Autosports. They use a load bearing dyno that is great for tuning.

Do you need a standalone ECU or just a chip? It depends on your application. I am running a Tweecer with over 550RWHP.

What part of Oregon are you at?

In Bend, there is MDR Autosports. They use a load bearing dyno that is great for tuning.

Do you need a standalone ECU or just a chip? It depends on your application. I am running a Tweecer with over 550RWHP.

Im outside of Albany. N/A I should be around 425...plus N20. At what point do you have to step up to a stand alone? Do they make a chip with a switch like for N/A program and a N20 program?

Stand alone systems are nice but You dont NEED an aftermarket ecu at that hp level. You could do a sct 4 bank switch chip and have a pump gas program, race gas program and nitrous program. If you decide you do want to go stand alone the first thing to do is find a local tuner that can tune your car and find out what they prefer. I like the Accel gen 7. They also have a budget system out called the thruster that has almost all the features of the gen 7 including nitrous control for under $1000.00

Pretty much any of the aftermarket boxes will work about the same, it's the tuner (person behind the keyboard) that makes the difference. If there is a specific feature or group of features of a specific box that you like and the tuner doesn't know how to use it they won't do you any good....

I'll also agree with Jeff that there isn't a real NEED for one at your level, a chip in the stock ECU should do what you need. Probably don't even need a multi bank chip, just an ignition box with a couple timing retard stages and tune the spray the old fashioned way, with the retard and fuel pressure.