Which convertor?

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
Hey my dad has a 1994 mustang gt, auto w/ bolt-ons. I can't remember all the crap he has but minor bolt ons stock auto i believe he has 3:55's or 373's, best time he got was like 14.3 or 14.4 but he wants to change out convertor whats the next step up that could help his car lower the e.t

Its a street car , provide make/model specs,etc. thanks

Oh im talking about the torque convertor for the auto, heh im so consumed w/ the tech for the new mustangs i dont know **** for the older ones esp auto.

• Sponsors (?)

Edgeracing.com I bought a cheap 2800 stall that was a joke, I called up Edge racing and bought a 3400 9 1/2 inch stall and could not be happier.....When you call tell them what you have and they will recommend the stall.......don't go cheap as you will regret it.......Mike, GreenLX also has a contact for a solid stall.....

IIRC it was around $650.00. But trust me it was worth every penny....after I did my HCI and then the cheapo stall ($300.00)...I was not happy, once I installed the Edge I pulled out the drive and punched it and knew right away it was worth it, dropped my time in the 1/4 over 6 tenths of a second.....

i tried to go to that web site you said, its not up i guess i cant get to it.

Curious you kno what labor is roughly for install?

what is stock convertor?

I tried the site a few times to and didn't get it....hope they are not out of business, maybe the site is down..hopefully..

Labor ...:shrug: since the tranny and mid have to be dropped or at least pulled back....maybe upwards of $300.00 but that is a guess....not hard to do, just time consuming...you and dad could knock it out with hand tools in 1/2 day....

stock stall I am not sure of....under 2K......but I can't give a "real" sure answer....

pi stallion and believe me you get what you pay for!i've tried others and it was a long expensive journey.my 2002 gt and my 94 f-150 now both have pi converters(single disk in the stang and a multi disk in the truck)!how many stock motor,automatic equipped mustangs running n/a do you know of that can cut 1.70 60' times on nitto's?and that's with just 3.73's and b-springs,no other aftermarket suspension parts!