Which first, subframes or engine reinforcement?

• Sponsors (?)

Well I plan to do all of these eventually, but money dictates that it be piece-by-piece. The engine bay work would be cheaper, but if I'm going to do one or the other first, which will make more of a difference?

To me, the export brace is needed worse. Your shock towers have probably shifted some, hopefully your frame rails have not! I view the export brace as being more necessary to keep the front chassis straight. My export brace, with welded-in reinforcement, and 1" front sway bar made a huge difference.

i agree with the others, export brace and monte carlo bar first. then go with the subframe connectors. once you have these items on, THEN you can go for suspension mods. the stiffer you get the chassis, the more effective your suspension mods will be. most people who get the 620 springs, and then say they ride nice, either have no subframe connectors, or are hard core racers.

Yeah I'll agree with the others too. If youre gona do it piece by piece

Engine bay bracing (export brace first)
Swaybar.
Subframes

A 1in swaybar really makes a night and day difference. One of the best bang for your buck mods.

Gellpak said:
I'm checking out mustang depot here and they have the normal export brace, and then the shelby style export brace. No pics. Which do I want?

Look at the spacing of the bolts, the Shelby ones are evenly spaced, Mustang ones are not, they are in two groups of two. If at all possible add the re-enforcing plate when you do this. It must be welded in but adds strength to the mounting point for the bar.

Can't find anything about a reenforcing plate on the site... is this just a fabbed up item or is it commercially available with the MC bar?

When buying a front sway, is there any real difference between the 1" and the 1 1/8"? Besides 6 bucks?

Check out NPD

They have both the support and a much better version with deeper draws and thicker plate.

The 1-1/8" bar is stiffer. If this is a street vehicle 1" is plenty.