Which Head and Cam combo with Roush 3 piece intake

ShaunLB84

Aug 14, 2010
Hello everyone I was wondering which cam and head combination you would recommend with the 3 piece Roush Intake manifold. I am new to the mustang scene and could use some input along with my research online. Thanks!!! :D

95 gt 5.0
3 piece roush intake
stock headers
o/r H-pipe
non-catback flowmasters (hopefully will be replaced soon)
king cobra clutch
aluminum driveshaft

• Sponsors (?)

Im not familiar with that intake, but a lot of folks around here go with either Trickflow aluminum heads, or AFR 165's. Both of those can be bolted on without having to flycut reliefs in the pistons for valve clearance. As for the cam, I would go with a custom cam from Camshaft Innovations or FTI.

Are you talking about the Roush BXR????

If so, do you have said intake???

If yes on both counts....lucky bastage for one...

Your not going to get a lot of feedback as that is a rare intake, kind along the lines of the BBK IIRC in flow. Your probably better off going to a custom cam guru to put the combo together due to the odd intake for the best results.

Then again if your talking about another Roush intake...I would still advise talking to a cam guru on putting together a cam head package for your goals.

Are you talking about the Roush BXR????

If so, do you have said intake???

If yes on both counts....lucky bastage for one...

Your not going to get a lot of feedback as that is a rare intake, kind along the lines of the BBK IIRC in flow. Your probably better off going to a custom cam guru to put the combo together due to the odd intake for the best results.

Then again if your talking about another Roush intake...I would still advise talking to a cam guru on putting together a cam head package for your goals.

There was another design done by them as well that was 3 piece. Came with the hood and a bunch of other things for $2000 was on about 100 sn95's

It is the intake that was only 100 made. I will get pics later on. It does not have BXR or whatnot stamped on top. Could one point my way to a cam guru?

I cant even find any flowbench charts on this intake or anything. I dont want anything too aggressive, just a nice attitude for street and strip! :D

It is the intake that was only 100 made. I will get pics later on. It does not have BXR or whatnot stamped on top. Could one point my way to a cam guru?

I cant even find any flowbench charts on this intake or anything. I dont want anything too aggressive, just a nice attitude for street and strip! :D

LUCKY SOB...

With the cam guru's be advised they are along the lines of no tire kickers and they are busy so it takes time to hear back get responses but that is the price you pay for top of the line quality in products and results. The cam guru's will not respond to tire kicker talkers...very much a pay for the service type deal.

As far as I know, that really nifty Roush intake just costs a lot of money, it's not terribly good at anything, other than looking good. I'd see if you could squeeze someone for $2K for it. Buy another intake for a few hundred, and have the extra cash to spend on mods that actually do something.

Kurt

I think they flow comparable to the BBK SSI intake or whatever so its a middle of the road intake if that is the case. You could probably get just as good trq and hp out of a ported gt40 lower setup.

The real big thing is the rarity of the thing...that alone is really cool. The guy got lucky that is for sure. Its like finding a 70 velle LS6 motor in the back of the garage at your grand dads house lol.

The only really nice thing about that Roush intake is the way it looks. Gives the OHV a nice visual appeal to see the wide, sweeping runners (kind of reminds me of an early DOHC Modular). Otherwise, if memory serves, they weren't overly impressive performers?

they are very hard to tune also. keep that in mind. because it locates the mass air and t/b in the back of the engine, the computer doesn't know how to interpret the readings. it will take a very very good tuner to be able to get that running top notch. assuming you can't get your hands on a roush tune.