Which is the best electric radiator fan?

• Sponsors (?)

The best? Not really goign to get a clean cut answer on that. BTW, its 14 volts, not 12.

Ramchargers make a great fan for about 140ish, thats complete with a harness and relays and toggle switch. Its dual fans and great piece for the money.
Spals also make great fans, but the dual fans can get kind of pricey. You also have to add in the cost of relays and what not. SN 95 and taurus fans are good too.

But the highest flowing fan is without a dount the Mark VIII. Pulls over 4000cfms at 14.4 volts , or somewhere around there.

Make sure you upgrade your alternator before doing a swap though.
If you need more info, do a search over on the corral for "mark viii" or electric fan.
Id tell ya to do it here, but i hate the search on this site, plus you need at least 4 letters per word for it to work

i run the flex a lite,comes with relay,themostat built in with adjustable knob,ran it for three years no problems,a little pricey at $200 but worth it to me

I run the 5.0 SN95 elec fan. It does great. The best is the MarkViii.

And FWIW Cars use a 12volt system not a 14 volt system. Its actually 12-16 volts but the battery is 12volts. So its a 12volt system.

113-1301_IMG.JPG

It is a 12vDC system however you either have to push more current to charge so the regulated alternator pushes 14.4vDC give or take, however all the devices are designed around 12v. Vehicle spec 12v tollerance varies with the device but generally are between 11.5-14.4 anything above or below you can run into problems. I.E. your horn might blow, but your cd player may not come on or run at full power.

It is all about tolerances. Just like machining something .03mm is not the same as .030. The added zero indicates super precision .03mm and no more/less. So just like your 12v system it will run between 11.5 and 14.4 with out problems asside from killing your battery on the low end.

haha i agree, and sometimes u write the opposite what u were thinking. Anyway, id go with either a mark VIII or a 3.8 Taurus Fan. Hit he junkyards for them...a mark VIII pulls almost double a taurus? ive heard the taurus pulls liek 2200 i think?

My vote is the taurus fan for a supercharger and a mark VIII without. I herd the mark VIII is very hard to fit on a SC application, but the monster will cool a stroker 351 if you ask it to. The great thing about the taurus fan is the fact that its so cheap, and readily available.

i'm running the black magic fan with underdrive pulleys (water and crank) with a replacement alternator (same as stock) with no issues except that the headlights slighty dim at idle (but I believe this is standard with underdrive pulleys). we'll see how the system holds up through the winter.

i bought an advance auto cheapo. cools very well. i think the stock oil cooler helps a lot with engine temp. draws 15 amps. police cars already have the good alternators. the police package cooling fan somehow warped.

Hey Mike, I just upgraded to a Mark VIII fan, I am also upgrading the alternator too. I'm using the painless wiring kit for fans and a 75amp relay. Its kinda messy right now, but I'm going to clean it up as soon as my alternator gets here from PA Performance. Check it out:

Mark_VIII_Fan005.jpg

Mark_VIII_Fan006.jpg

Mark_VIII_Fan003.jpg

Mark_VIII_Fan004.jpg

Mark_VIII_Fan001.jpg

Mark_VIII_Fan002.jpg