Which Mustang Would You Choose?

eploy

Oct 21, 2006
Hello Everyone,

My name is Edward and I am new to your forum.

I am interested in purchasing one of two Mustangs but only have two choices:

1. 1965 Mustang Coupe with 6 cylinder in-line engine
2. 1973 Mustang Mach I with 351 V-8 engine

The reason my choice is limited is because I currently live in Thailand and vintage Mustangs are extremely rare. Both cars are selling for just over USD10,000 and are in good mechanical condition (verified by my uncle who is an engineer/mechanic) with original engine blocks, etc.

From a collector standpoint, which is more desirable?

Regards,

Edward

• Sponsors (?)

the mach 1 is the better collector car in this case as it is a desirable model, where as the six powered car is usually overlooked. i think my choice in this case would be the mach 1.

I would go for the '65 :nice:

1266.jpg

Attachments

• 1266.jpg
    1266.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 81
Thanks People,

You guys are awesome! My own feeling is to go with the Mach I. I like the classic lines on the 1965 coupe better, but a 351 V-8 Cleveland engine even if it's from the sleeper year of 1973 is hard to pass up vis-a-vis a 6 cylinder in-line (I am a power junkie). There is one other Mustang in Thailand that I really like: a jet black 1967 fastback with V-8 engine. Sadly, this car is not for sale "at any price".

Regards,

Edward

Like everyone else said, body wise I would go with the '65 because it is my favorite year and that's what I think of when I think classic stang, but it has an inline 6.

The Mach 1 may not be as desirable body, but the fact that it is a Mach 1 is much more collectable and the V8 will be a lot more fun to drive. Looks like you made a good decision, let us know when you make a deal and of course we want to see pics. I feel cool driving a classic stang here, even with about 10 I know in my city, it must be really special for you to drive out in Thailand. Enjoy the car!

'73. Adrian Pace has a line in the movie where he first sees the yellow
Mustang and says there she is, the last of the Mustangs. I guess he was
insinuating that the Mustang II is no Mustang.

James Kirk said:
'73. Adrian Pace has a line in the movie where he first sees the yellow
Mustang and says there she is, the last of the Mustangs. I guess he was
insinuating that the Mustang II is no Mustang.

The original Eleanor was a '72 dressed up as a '73. It was also originally a 4 speed car.
As for me, I'd go for the '73 Mach. I find it difficult to get excited about a '65 six cylinder coupe. Now if it were a fastback, that would be another story.

Eleanor was a 71 made to look like a 73, not a 72. I have an article published in 1989 that was written before Halicki died filming gone II that has more info. He specifically sought out that car to buy for the leading role as Eleanor.

I'd go for the Mach.