which one would you have and why?

02GTRX

I told an admin to shut up...now I live with the S
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Sep 27, 2004
Money not being a factor choose only the one you want most and why, then choose the one you would want least.
Buggatti Veyron,
Caparo T1,
McLaren F1/LM,
Ferrari Enzo/FXX,
Koeninsegg CCX,
SSC Ultimate Aero,
Saleen S7TT,
Lamborghini Murcielago (LP),
Porsche Carrera GT,
Pagani Zonda F,
Ascari KZ1,
Ford GT (1000hp version),
Corvette ZR1,
Hennessey Viper,
Gumpert Apollo,
Super Snake Mustang,
Nissan GTR,
TVR Speed 12.
I would choose the Koeninsegg CCX, its perfectly styled with loads of power and awesome performance numbers to match. The interior is also very nicely put together with top notch materials. Least would have to be the hennessey viper.

• Sponsors (?)

Agreed the S7 does have that super exotic look, one can get sexually excited looking at it but the CCX on the other hand has the "baddest mother effer" look and is faster than the S7 but costs about 200k more.
Posted via Mobile Device

I would say that the Ford GT 1000 is my #1 on this list. It has best styling and performance potential for that machine is unlimited. I know of a 1400 rwhp GT from Stage 6 that I would kill for.

The worst on this list and the car that I would NEVER own is the Nissan GTR. What a pile of crap. I guess the performance would be good if it didn't break the transmission when you launch the car or void the warranty if you use the launch control. But as far as potential for vast improvement, the Nissan is on the bottom of this list.

Performance potential is my #1 discriminator. Price is a VERY close second.

Money not being a factor choose only the one you want most and why, then choose the one you would want least.
Buggatti Veyron,
Caparo T1,
McLaren F1/LM,
Ferrari Enzo/FXX,
Koeninsegg CCX,
SSC Ultimate Aero,
Saleen S7TT,
Lamborghini Murcielago (LP),
Porsche Carrera GT,
Pagani Zonda F,
Ascari KZ1,
Ford GT (1000hp version),
Corvette ZR1,
Hennessey Viper,
Gumpert Apollo,
Super Snake Mustang,
Nissan GTR,
TVR Speed 12.
I would choose the Koeninsegg CCX, its perfectly styled with loads of power and awesome performance numbers to match. The interior is also very nicely put together with top notch materials. Least would have to be the hennessey viper.

Koeninsegg CCX would be my first pick as well.

Followed closely by a Ford GT, then a ZR-1

I fear I would look like a tool in a ferrari enzo, so that would be my last pick.

I've always been a fan of the mclaren but for some reason i'd go for either the zr1 or ford gt being my second choice. Just seomthing about them cars i really like and they potential that is still left on the table.

well... I would have to drive them all first. When can you set-up the test drive? :D

It is a tough decision, but probably go with the Maclaren. Those are susposed to be really amazing, sort of a perfection in making a lightweight racer. Though I might go with a Ford GT (We probably all have a soft spot for that one here). I have not heard of the 1000hp version, I would wonder if the suspension and transmission could take the additional power. (Power is not everything at these levels of performance. You've no doubt heard of the 900hp mercedes something or other SLK by brabus, which is useless because all you do is spin your wheels all day long in every gear.) Anyhow.. I would also be very curious to drive the CCX, as that is basically another version of the Ford GT (I know, totally different company, but mid mounted V8, originally a Ford V8, I think the Aluminiator... ) Both the CCX and the Ford GT have that killer V8 rumble in the low rpms, so they are more beastly. The Maclaren is more about the top end only, but again, its just susposed to be so perfect....

The ZR1 has that low end grunt as well, but... its still a corvette. Which is great, but if we are talking super cars, I would rather have something designed from day one as a super car, instead of a tuned version of a more common car.

Actually, I did not see it on the list, but I would also like a Aston Martin V12 Vantage. Thats probably not super car worthy, but makes an amazing sound and is pretty much the best looking car ever designed. (Mid engine cars still look weird, you've got to have that long nose). Hey, I drive a Mustang, so clearly, style and sound are important to me. :nice:

I'm shocked no one has picked the veyron, yes it outrageously over priced but its really an awesome car. Where else can you have a full luxury hyper car with an airbrake and awd. That would be my second choice. 1000 hp for a rwd car is just too much which is why I didn't chose the ford. As for the Aston Martin, yes it beautiful but the performance is up to par with the other supercars (gtr being the exception). The Caparo T1 will be my first choice as soon as all of its bugs get worked out. As Jeremy Clarkson stated "this is in a diffrent league" albeit when its working. Lastly the McLaren especially the LM, three words, automotive engineering perfection. That's a tie with the CCX for me. Does anyone remember the Ford '95 GT90 concept? Wow! Ford would be top of the food chain had they kept up with that car. Performance was impressive for the year it was.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm shocked no one has picked the veyron, yes it outrageously over priced but its really an awesome car. Where else can you have a full luxury hyper car with an airbrake and awd. That would be my second choice. 1000 hp for a rwd car is just too much which is why I didn't chose the ford. As for the Aston Martin, yes it beautiful but the performance is up to par with the other supercars (gtr being the exception). The Caparo T1 will be my first choice as soon as all of its bugs get worked out. As Jeremy Clarkson stated "this is in a diffrent league" albeit when its working. Lastly the McLaren especially the LM, three words, automotive engineering perfection. That's a tie with the CCX for me. Does anyone remember the Ford '95 GT90 concept? Wow! Ford would be top of the food chain had they kept up with that car. Performance was impressive for the year it was.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was under the impression that Ford never made one to the specs they layed out. I heard they had a press car that had a top speed of 40 or something like that.

I found stats for it online. 0-60 3.2sec, 0-100 in 5 or 6 seconds, 1/4mile in 10.9 at 14X mph and topping out at 232mph not sure if this is what Ford claimed it was supposed to be capable of or if it actually did it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Got these off of motortrends website and same specs can be found on carfolio.com
Engine: Turbocharged 90 V-12 Displacement, ci/cc: 362/5927
Horsepower @ rpm: 720 @ 6300 (est.)
Torque, lb-ft @ rpm: 660 @ 4750 (est.)Transmission: 5-speed manual
Brakes, f/r: Vented discs/vented discs
Wheels, f/r, inches: 18x10.0/19x13.0, aluminum
Tires, f/r: 275/35ZR18/ 335/30ZR19 Goodyear Eagle
0-60 mph, sec: 3.1
0-100 mph, sec: 6.2
Quarter mile, sec/mph: 10.9/140.0
Top speed, mph: 235 (est.)Est. base price: $100,000
Posted via Mobile Device

Got these off of motortrends website and same specs can be found on carfolio.com
Engine: Turbocharged 90 V-12 Displacement, ci/cc: 362/5927
Horsepower @ rpm: 720 @ 6300 (est.)
Torque, lb-ft @ rpm: 660 @ 4750 (est.)Transmission: 5-speed manual
Brakes, f/r: Vented discs/vented discs
Wheels, f/r, inches: 18x10.0/19x13.0, aluminum
Tires, f/r: 275/35ZR18/ 335/30ZR19 Goodyear Eagle
0-60 mph, sec: 3.1
0-100 mph, sec: 6.2
Quarter mile, sec/mph: 10.9/140.0
Top speed, mph: 235 (est.)Est. base price: $100,000
Posted via Mobile Device

Those are the specs Ford came up with for the car. They never built a fully functional version of it. If they had it would have been a truly bass ass car.