68GT500KR_Vert

5 Year Member
Aug 21, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA
2576876_47_full.jpg

OR

68convert.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

i prefer the white and blue myself, but i agree about being different. maybe do black with silver stripes, not near as many of those around. or maybe a really dark green with charcoal stripes and i'm not realy a fan of green either but i've seen some really nice green and charcoal combos

I think charcoal with silver stripes. Maybe even a saphire blue with charcoal stripes. Im not into drastic color differences although there is a guy back in Dallas that has a true GT-500 that is black w/ white stripes and it looks killer.

DSC00015%20%28Large%29.JPG

Alright nobody steal my idea... but... I'm going to do a dark metallic crimson/red, with white stripes, and along the lining of the white stripes on both sides I'm going to do a thing stripe of metallic gold. The color scheme has a really imperial feeling to it. (And if you wanna use it, after you do it, post pictures! =))

I say be different and use different colors then the same ones you see all the time.

I could not agree more....

I am so sick of the "Elinore" color scheme. Could it be more played out at this point ?

When I paint my car I'm going to shave it down a bit (symbols/lettering) and paint it black. I want my black to be so dark that when I look into it, the reflection I see is so deep I can see my past standing behind me.

The Black Cherry/White is gorgeous.

There are two KR 'verts now in little old Yuma, AZ. One's restored; cherry red/white stripes/white interior. Guy bought it 'cause he loved the other one here in town. It's unrestored, other than hardened vavle seats, some upholstery sticthing repaired and a new top. Nothing else, other than a little bottle of "duplcolor" for touching up stone chips. It's dark green (Highland? I think so but it may be Dark Moss Green)/ white stripes and top/ tan leather interior. This one is a "three owner, one family car". Guy bought it for his daughter, she hated it, he took it over, the son (a surgeon and the executor of Dad's will) made sure he inherited it. Says his grandkids might sell it; but not until then. "It was Dad's car".

Oh yeah, the green one is originally from roughly your neighborhood. AZ only does one license plate, so it still carries its original Rhode Island plate in front.

Almost forgot my color choice! Think 3-4 years later.... Mach One/Boss 351; bright blue metallic with silver (argent?) stripes.