Which Saginaw pump?

Cupid

Mar 30, 2006
Hello all,

I'm swapping over to the Borgeson set up. I bought the Borgeson pump kit. They only sell the Windsor kits (No bracket for the cleveland). Well I found one and with minor modifications, fitted it to my cleveland. Here's the problem: The Borgeson pump return line sticks directly out the back of the pump. I can't get a hose on it without contacting my heads. I know they make Saginaw pumps that have return lines that curve out the back. Does anybody have a part number or application that so I can pick one up from the local parts store.

My only reservation about buying from another application is I don't know if Borgeson does something special to their pumps that makes them work better with their gearboxes. Anybody?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't know about other pumps, but the return tube used to curve straight down out of the Borgeson pump. It was a huge pain to get the line on. I know some guys removed the tube and had it brazed back in pointing up. Maybe you can get a tube shaped like you want it brazed in without having to buy another expensive pump.

The nipple on my pump sticks straight out too, Im told the early Borgeson kits did have them bent. Ive got some pretty extensive GM experience and I recall most all of the pumps had bent return nipples, Id think an F or G body pump from the 70's/80's would work just fine for you. Or try calling Borgeson, explain your situation and see if they have one to exchange.

^Thanks TT. I tried calling Borgeson. They did say they used to have one that bent slightly, but all of theirs currently ship with a straight tube. I told them, that it would not work for the small mustangs with larger engines(cleveland/windsor). Hopefully they take the message to heart. I'll send them a pic to reinforce this.

I was thinking about just sending the pump back and buying one for another application, but again, I don't know about valving. Would hate to end up with too little or too much pressure. I picked up a 3/8" brass elbow from Home Depot. I'm going to try that out first.

Hello all,

I'm swapping over to the Borgeson set up. I bought the Borgeson pump kit. They only sell the Windsor kits (No bracket for the cleveland). Well I found one and with minor modifications, fitted it to my cleveland. Here's the problem: The Borgeson pump return line sticks directly out the back of the pump. I can't get a hose on it without contacting my heads. I know they make Saginaw pumps that have return lines that curve out the back. Does anybody have a part number or application that so I can pick one up from the local parts store.

My only reservation about buying from another application is I don't know if Borgeson does something special to their pumps that makes them work better with their gearboxes. Anybody?

Back in 1987 when I needed a new hose for my 71, 351c car I used a Granada
hose and carefully slightly bent it to fit. I couldn't find the Mustang one back then. Hope this helps. It is still on thier now,:nice: