which supercharger???

• Sponsors (?)

You ask what is best for your goals you do not mention what they are. :lock:

I want to end up getting 600 rwhp when I'm done with her

i dunno mang, i thought that was pretty self explanatory as far as goals wise.

if you have a full forged motor, id get the KB. otherwise going with a roots sc on the stock bottom end puts hell on the rotating assembly. low rpm+insta-boost+high load is asking to snap a rod. i think a KB would be the funnest setup with everything built and ready for it.

you can get the complete kit from modularpowerhouse.com with tune and everything. they sell all the s/c you have mentioned. thats where i bought my novi2K from last year. it was $4300 shipped if i remember right.

my buddy has a KB on his car and i have the novi 2K. his car is fun to spin the tires anytime you want to but i like the way mine drives better. his is a TON of fun to drive around town but i can NOT take off hard even in 2nd gear without breaking the tires loose.

if by any chance you are close to the NC area i could give you a little test drive in both of our cars to see what the differances are in person.

i called them today and they are going to price everything i want and they will give me the estimate tomorrow...i'm getting the novi2000 with intercooler...what do you think it will run? a guy named steve there said that the novi2000 flows a little better than the t trim vortech so i think my final decision is the novi2k

i called them today and they are going to price everything i want and they will give me the estimate tomorrow...i'm getting the novi2000 with intercooler...what do you think it will run? a guy named steve there said that the novi2000 flows a little better than the t trim vortech so i think my final decision is the novi2k
Well, I did not think you were serious, a lot of people make :bs: threads about stuff they cannot do or afford and it gets old... That will be pretty fast with the novi2000... be careful you do not try to run too much boost for your engine...

no i'm dead set on buying a supercharger kit for my car...i'm going to run low boost such as 9 psi until i build the motor to where it can take it...then of course i will have to get a new fuel pump and other goodies to accomodate the new power...i have already started saving up for the kit and with the money i'm making right now i should be able to drive to MPH later this fall to get the kit installed...

why is everyone against punching a hole in the pan? theres nothing wrong at all with that.. who cares. I guess thats the "Kenne Bell costs way too much" part of me kicking in, but seriously, if your a "regular" guy financially, vortechs are great. It all comes down to money and what u want to spend, either way is great but they do have their diffs

punching a hole in the oil pan is almost like its permanent. if I ever took out the Vortech for another blower or turbo, I'm stuck with a hole in the oil pan. I know I can probably seal it up, but I would rather keep it intact. just a personal preference.

first thing punching a hole in your oil pan is no big deal and you can just plug the hole is not like your installing longtube headers or some thing

second the mongoose kit from mph is one of the best out there the tune they give you is dead on

also i have no idea why people want 600hp this 700hp that have you ever rode in a well tuned 500hp car its a blast believe me

once you start getting hp number up into the 6-7-800 hp range imo the car is a b"tch to drive in stop and go traffic
(not all but most)

for me 500-550 is my range and i will get there with a car thats fully loaded and runs factory smooth

mph long block
stage 2 blower camms
mph mongoose kit (sq-trim vortech @15+psi)
cobra fuel tank and twin ford gt pumps

what i love about the vortech type blowers is that the car drives like a stocker until wot and 3k then its a beast

and that type of blower is easy on the motor
also with a nice set of heads you could even push the redline up some and get even more power

when i say 600 i mean that i'm going to supercharge the car then forged internals, heads, cams, etc...then raise the psi to prob. 15 or so and i'm going to run the car safely... even if that is 599 hp i will leave it there ya know...i just like to say 600 for the fun of it : )

yes thats right. intercoolers are expensive.

yes thats also right. sealing a hole on the oil pan takes 10 minutes. BUT, if its a mental thing, I understand, as I can be picky and anal about some other "stupid" things as well. But again, none of those things gives u a 400 rwhp beast.

:canada: (little shout to any canadians just because im here right now and i'm a dual citizen. Im surprised about how clean & new it is here compared to the US.. plus ive seen 4 gt500's..) haha anyways.. back to superchagers..

Have you ever drove or been in a turbo car? Im not hating on the supercharged guys but 600hp would be easy to make with a turbo. Before you commit to buying a blower call Hellion Power systems.

But if I was to supercharge my car i would defintely go 2.6Kb instant torque and boost. Keep your street tune at 500hp that would be a perfect street car then for the track use a flip chip for the race gas and get the 600-700hp you want.

the Paxton intercooler is about $1400 all by itself. the complete price may seem expensive, but you have to realize you are getting a rock solid tune along with it.

save yourself some money and install the kit yourself. it's really not that hard if you have some wrenching experience. it's just a little time consuming. expect to take about 8-10 hours to do it.