Which SVT Mustang Cobra would you rather have?

Which SVT Cobra would you rather have?

• 3600lbs. 415HP S/C V8

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • 3400lbs. 450HP N/A V8

Votes: 79 83.2%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

Hmmm...heavier car with less power, or lighter car with more power...
I dont know, OK?!!! Too complicated!!! :bang:

Seriously...why doesnt the poll just say:

1-Fast car
2-Faster car

Thats what it comes down to isnt it?

Tough decision. The factory blown motor has a much easier upgrade path for less money.

For the people who don't like blower whine -- have you ever tried it? The Eaton blower doesn't make any noise unless you're boosting, and when it does make noise it's actually kinda entertaining. But for daily driving it sounds like any other Mustang.

And power delivery with the Eaton is also smooth -- if not for the whine and the boost gauge, I wouldn't be able to tell, it would just seem like a strong torquey N/A motor.

Dave

I picked the heavier supercharged car.

For one it's a known commodity. We KNOW what kind of power people are getting with them we know it's built like a mother etc...
Conversly we wouldn't know how built the N/A engine is nor do we have any idea whether that engine is near to being maxxed out.

Secondly I'm cheap. Nothing is better than cheap horsepower and it's kind of hard to beat a factory built forced induction engine for making tons of cheap horsepower. And if you want to slap a blower on the N/A car you can but if you REALLY want to turn up the boost you have to build the bottom end up and odds are that work isn't going to be done for you like it is on the current Stang.

Finally it's going to be fairly cheap for me to lose some weight in the car so it being heavier wouldn't be that big a of a deal.

You poll is flawed. Yes the S/C car would be heavier, but it will also have more HP.

Your poll should have been something like:

3,600 lb, S/C 450++ HP
or
3,400 lb, N/A 400+ HP

I would still take the ligher N/A car.

I am going to go against the grain here, and go with the Supercharged car! As stated above the current Cobra is built pretty strong, so we know that we will have room to work some more horsepower out of it, I mean really with a CAI, P&P work, chip, smaller pulley, and exhaust you can get near 475-490hp with these cars, and probably 500-525 with the 415hp motor. The 200 pound weight difference can be eliminated by emptying the trunk, and taking out the rear, and passenger seat, before you know it your N/A car with the same mods is sucking exhaust from the S/C car...

95.0Stang said:
The 200 pound weight difference can be eliminated by emptying the trunk, and taking out the rear, and passenger seat, before you know it your N/A car with the same mods is sucking exhaust from the S/C car...

Then you're saying that it is impossible to empty the trunk, take out the rear & passenger seats on a N/A car? :shrug: