Which Throttle Body ?

93gtmustang

5 Year Member
Oct 21, 2006
Ford Racing reccomends a 65mm throttle body with their 345hp crate motor. I already have a 70 or 75mm professional products throttle body on my edelbrock performer intake. Do I really have to go and buy a 65 and egr spacer or will mine work ok?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You can go as big as you want but you wont feel a thing from going 65 to 70 or 75mm, dosent the crate motor come with a cobra intake? The cobra intake is just bearly over 65mm opening, sticking a 70mm t/b on there would be fine but a 75mm would be pointless, you wont lose or gain anything, id stick with the 65mm, its all you need and its the same size as the intake opening, and its new.

EDIT: sorry i thought you said the crate motor came with a t/b. Are you going to be using your eddlebrock intake on it? Realistically youd like to get a t/b the same size as your intake opening what ever intake your using, but just use the 70mm imo.

Short answer is NO, the 70mm will work just as good.

93gtmustang - I am in the same boat as I am switching to a (ported)Performer very shortly. Even though our combos are different (and I am being careful as I don't want to fall into the pit of TB debates):nono: , the performer does have a 70mm opening, so I am going to switch to a 70mm to match that. Now, like I said, we do have different combos, probably different intentions regarding where we would like the power, etc... If I were you though, already having the 70mm, I would definitely keep the 70mm. :dead: