Which tires to get?

spare_exp.jpg

FTW :nice:

hahahahahaha

• Sponsors (?)

Im not sure if we are still talking about tires, but another tire to look at are the Toyo T1 Proxes. They always seem the be a bit cheaper than all the others. Im someone who goes 10,000 miles on a set of tires so cheaper is better. Thats my advice... burnouts cost money.

I run Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season tires on my stang. They work wonders in the rain and they're thick as hell so they don't wear out easily (but then again I never race anyways).

Guess a lot of you guys owe Killy an appology on this one, huh?

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=712506

...or will those of you who made such a big fuss about it still insist that running D/R's in the rain is fine after reading this? :rolleyes:

To be totally honest with you yes I do think its fine, but people push the limits too much. Especially with the MT and grooveless BFGs. If you stay within those limits you will be fine. And nope I do not owe an apology....I made it perfectly clear that DRs are as dangerous in the rain as you make them. This argument is totally opinion based :shrug: ....its not a matter of facts.

Its just like me going and jumping on all of you that let your rear tires thread get below Lincons hair on the penny and telling everyone "dont drive with tires that have less than 2/32nds of tread left or you will wreck your car!" .
When your tires are going bad you should know not to drive like they are brand new tires....and with Drs...especially the MTs/BFGs, thats how you should approach rain from the moment you buy them...like your rear tires are freegin bald.

EDIT: Since the thread was brought back from the grave a few posts up and was basically aimed at me...I forgot I already said that I was done with this thread...lol.

...or will those of you who made such a big fuss about it still insist that running D/R's in the rain is fine after reading this? :rolleyes:

a friend of mine with a 90 LX on BFG DR's drove to work the other day when it was raining out. he didn't crash, shall i make a thread about it and post the link to it here?

any bottom-feeder with half a brain knows DR's+ rain= not ideal, but it's not a guarantee you're going to crash like some of you make it out to be

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=712506

i about did the same thing in a downpour doing 40mph on kuhmo full radial street tires.....guess you cant run street tires in the rain either.

time for everyone to start RIDIN RIMS!

Hey guys Im the guy that wrecked my car in the rain with the MT DRs. Ive drove the car a few times in the rain before and I never wrecked or even got loose with it either. All I gonna say is when you do drive in the rain go as slow as possible and if you dont absolutley have to drive in the rain then dont. If Im ever out somewhere and I cant drive VERY VERY slow then Im gonna stop and park it, even get a hotel if I have too. I would have the night I wrecked but we ran into ran on the interstate and never even had time to stop before we wrecked.

To be totally honest with you yes I do think its fine, but people push the limits too much. Especially with the MT and grooveless BFGs. If you stay within those limits you will be fine. And nope I do not owe an apology....I made it perfectly clear that DRs are as dangerous in the rain as you make them. This argument is totally opinion based :shrug: ....its not a matter of facts.

Its just like me going and jumping on all of you that let your rear tires thread get below Lincons hair on the penny and telling everyone "dont drive with tires that have less than 2/32nds of tread left or you will wreck your car!" .
When your tires are going bad you should know not to drive like they are brand new tires....and with Drs...especially the MTs/BFGs, thats how you should approach rain from the moment you buy them...like your rear tires are freegin bald.

EDIT: Since the thread was brought back from the grave a few posts up and was basically aimed at me...I forgot I already said that I was done with this thread...lol.
a friend of mine with a 90 LX on BFG DR's drove to work the other day when it was raining out. he didn't crash, shall i make a thread about it and post the link to it here?

any bottom-feeder with half a brain knows DR's+ rain= not ideal, but it's not a guarantee you're going to crash like some of you make it out to be

i about did the same thing in a downpour doing 40mph on kuhmo full radial street tires.....guess you cant run street tires in the rain either.

time for everyone to start RIDIN RIMS!

You guys make me chuckle. :rlaugh:

No, it's not a guarantee that you're gong to crash in the rain on D/R's, but it's a damn good probability if you do it enough times! More so than running even the cheapest radial tires!

Your line of reasoning is kinda out to lunch on this one. I mean, It's also not a guarantee that if you play Russian Roulette, you're going to blow your brians out either, but does that make it a good idea?

Some of you fellas jump all over KT for stating it wasn't a good idea, like he just broke the news to you that he raped your sisters or something? I can't believe the attitude with some of you guys. Just because you haven't wrecked your car in the rain on D/R's yet, doesn't mean it can't and isn't likely to happen. You don't have to be screwing around for the ass end to jump out on you, as 04YELLOWGT stated. It's a tire specifically designed for clean, dry pavement and running them in the rain is just an unessary risk, plain and simple....so why take the chance with your car and your life, just to prove a fruitless point? :shrug:

Hey leave Kilgore alone he's just trying to save your ass. Besides I really like his oppinionated answers. Its not that every since he bought the cobra he talks different. Its that you guys feel you are less.

You guys make me chuckle. :rlaugh:

No, it's not a guarantee that you're gong to crash in the rain on D/R's, but it's a damn good probability if you do it enough times! More so than running even the cheapest radial tires!

Your line of reasoning is kinda out to lunch on this one. I mean, It's also not a guarantee that if you play Russian Roulette, you're going to blow your brians out either, but does that make it a good idea?

Some of you fellas jump all over KT for stating it wasn't a good idea, like he just broke the news to you that he raped your sisters or something? I can't believe the attitude with some of you guys. Just because you haven't wrecked your car in the rain on D/R's yet, doesn't mean it can't and isn't likely to happen. You don't have to be screwing around for the ass end to jump out on you, as 04YELLOWGT stated. It's a tire specifically designed for clean, dry pavement and running them in the rain is just an unessary risk, plain and simple....so why take the chance with your car and your life, just to prove a fruitless point? :shrug:

Yes I agree with you....its definatly an "unessary risk". Its not like you MUST run DRs or anything, but you have to give up one thing to have another.

If you want traction, then go with DRs...but be careful in the rain. Im not going to tell anyone NOT to get Drs on their street car and thats where I differ with killy.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I dont get why he gets all POd at anyone who recommends against his opinion and then claims to be wiser. :shrug: Yes its much more dangerous in the rain vs regular tires when comparing X speed in the rain, im not disputing that.....but I dont think its at the point of saying that noone should ever run Drs on their street car. Thus my opinion :)

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: I dont know how I missed that! Man thats hillarous.

Good point though, only posts we see are when people wreck....not of all the thousands of trips in the rain people make safely.