WHICH UNDERDRIVE PULLEYS ARE BEST?

STANGJ

Mar 1, 2007
Clinton SC
I am thinking of getting a set of underdrive pulleys for my '06 Gt and was wondering which set is the best? I work at a Roush dealer and can order the Roush pulleys at cost. They all look the same to me except for the BBK's, any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated.:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

i have installed the roush on my car, and helped with the steeda on chubhunter's car. the roush instructions are much better than the steeda. roush instructions come with detailed instructions and full color pics. the steeda came with short instructions and no pics.

roush has you trim a stud for the alternator, steeda gives you a new bolt. you only trim off some of the non threaded section of the stud, so its not a big deal at all. the roush also came with a new crank bolt so you dont need to buy one from the dealer. steeda comes with a longer bolt that is only used to get the pulley started. :notnice:

with both, use the harmonic balancer installer and the CHRYSLER harmonic balancer puller tools. i rented both from autozone. ask for these specifically, and you will get the right parts. for reference, here are the part numbers for them.

harmonic balancer installer OEM # 27144
Chrysler harmonic balancer puller (3 jaw style, not the threaded hole type or multi-puller) OEM # 27139

from my experiences with both, i prefer the roush pulleys. if you can get them at cost, that makes them even more attractive.

click on the link in my signature for a detailed write up for the roush pulleys. :nice:

Thanks for the info Big Cat. I may wait to order when I get back from Mustang Week at Myrtle Beach in July. The dealership I work for is a Ford and Chrysler, Dodge,Jeep dealer so I know we have the puller and installer out in the shop, but it's helpful to already have the part #'s for them.:D