Whick poly motor mounts to use?

Black82gt

Oct 15, 2001
Wisconsin
I have an 82 gt that I am putting a 88 5.0 into. I want to upgrade to poly motor mounts. All the mount companies list 82-84 and 85-up. What mounts should I use. Does anyone know what the differance is between the two? Thank you for any help

• Sponsors (?)

Difference I would figure to be that in '85, the 302 became a roller motor and, thus, the block might've been different. The engine crossmember should be the same for all 5.0's from '79 to '93 (although the tranny crossmember wasn't a double-hump until '85, IIRC).

Since you're using an '88 5.0, I'd go with the mounts for the '85-'93 5.0. :nice:

Thanks for the input. The only thing i can think would be the differance would maybe the height of the mount. Maybe a little shorter on the later ones because of the intake. (need more hood clearance?) Any other opinions would be great. Thanks again.

Any reason why you don't bite the bullet and install some steel motor mounts? :scratch:

Well why dont you just go ahead and run an engine plate? Solid mounts suck for a car that spends more time on the street than on the track. Ive been in 5.0's and LS1's both that had solid mounts and its horrible. Cant even leave change in the tray, vibration is nerve racking. For every on person that say ( I have solid mounts in my DD and its not so bad there are 10 who say other wize )