While im askin 1 more ? for the night EGR

• Sponsors (?)

The good:
stops the the plug wires from being burnt.
you have easier access to the rear two plugs.
loose 2lbs of front end.

The bad:
Runs richer.
sometimes fail emission.
Less mpg.(went from 20 to 15)
You have to trick the computer or will throw codes.

I agree that I'd leave it on till it is not financially feasible to keep it (something breaks on it). As Cobra03 noted, at cruise the inert gasses allow the EEC to add timing and remove fuel, which helps economy and increases engine efficiency (the throttle is open further to compensate for the EGR).

To be really clear, you're not thinking of the A.I.R. (smog) system, are you? It is MUCH more bulky and weighty, with a pump, discharge hoses, diverter valves, a check valve, and so on.......... I find the AIR system components to be in my way much more than the EGR stuff. It is easier to remove the AIR system if that's what you intended......

Good luck.

I too would hang on to the EGR. I've noticed a marked improvement in MPG on guys that I tune that still run EGR. Plus you can increase the EGR dutycycle in the tune and get even more. :)

Keep it unless it is broken!

Wes

I agree that I'd leave it on till it is not financially feasible to keep it (something breaks on it). As Bosko5.0 noted, at cruise the inert gasses allow the EEC to add timing and remove fuel, which helps economy and increases engine efficiency (the throttle is open further to compensate for the EGR).

To be really clear, you're not thinking of the A.I.R. (smog) system, are you? It is MUCH more bulky and weighty, with a pump, discharge hoses, diverter valves, a check valve, and so on.......... I find the AIR system components to be in my way much more than the EGR stuff. It is easier to remove the AIR system if that's what you intended......

Good luck.

Did i miss something?:rolleyes: