whine from the rear?

• Sponsors (?)

Does the whine happen all the time? Or only when you're moving? Tell us more.

Could be a lot of things. My gears are bad and whine like nuts from my rear diff. Having them broken down after the 1st of the year. That could be making the whine.

if it's a slight whine when the car is on all the time and in any gear (including park and neutral) then I believe it's the fuel pump. Mine has been making this slight whine since day one so I've said to hell with it. If it's whining during deceleration, then it's gear whine. If that's the case, take your car to whoever botched the gear install and get them to do it again.

My car whines when I get on the gas while cruising. When I let off, it goes quiet. The tranny guys opened up the rear end and the fluid was black and had metal particles in it. They said this is going to eventually make my traction worse and worse, but that I should be ok for now. Maybe getting 4.10's will solve all my problems, doubt it though.

They also told me that my '97 Cobra has positraction (LSD) stock...I never knew both wheels were being powered...is this true?