Whipple 2.3 or 3.4?

How big should I go?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

I like the KB bu the Whipple looks nicer and the Gen II is the most efficient one out :nice:
That being said, all the videos I saw the Whipple sounds quiet :( I want it to be louder then the Eaton, I love that sound :drool:

All the You Tube videos I've watched, the KB is much louder inside the car than the whipple. However, outside the while the KB is still louder, it's not by much.

I thought mine was quiet as hell until I made this video. I had a friend video tape me. The first pass was basically no 1st gear, then pedalling 2nd. The next pass I gave the gas pedal a quick stab and the tires just shredded so I let off. It's WAY louder outside the car than inside.

That was on the 14th this month. I got pulled over on that street on the 21st....lol......I'm a dumbass. The thing just spins, so I am not actually going that fast.

Thanks....AND....that's with 100lbs of sand in the trunk and tire pressure at 20psi. I'm removing that video now since you watched it. I don't want it on here for months to come, and you can't edit old posts....weird...only site that won't let you edit posts after so long. :notnice:
So did the cop give you a ticket?

Speaking from experience, 650rwhp isn't a waste...it's not enough. IMO I'd go KB 2.8H or Whipple 3.4L. But if you get the 3.4L, you may have to change your stock hood to clear it. As far as sound goes, I really think it depends on the car and setup. Some are louder than others. For example, my KB 2.6L Cobra is pretty loud, even while cruising out of boost it whistles. But my buddy's KB 2.8H 03 Cobra is almost dead silent.

So did the cop give you a ticket?

Yes he did. Didn't get my speed, as I hit 3rd, I looked over and saw him. He already had his lights one because he heard me coming on two other streets.

Speaking from experience, 650rwhp isn't a waste...it's not enough. IMO I'd go KB 2.8H or Whipple 3.4L. But if you get the 3.4L, you may have to change your stock hood to clear it. As far as sound goes, I really think it depends on the car and setup. Some are louder than others. For example, my KB 2.6L Cobra is pretty loud, even while cruising out of boost it whistles. But my buddy's KB 2.8H 03 Cobra is almost dead silent.

It's not a waste if you can hook it up. I raced a 97 Cobra with 615RWHP in my 96 with 408RWHP. He didn't do jack til 3rd because he was spinning. The car was a monster after that.

I agree with you about set up. My blowe gets drowned out by my Flowmasters. I'm getting rid of those. I'm going with Dyno Max Super Turbos. Murrays had one of them in stock, obviously I need two. I took the car on a 70 mile trip yesterday, and it got very annoying. I had a huge headache when I got home. Mainly....I want to hear my WHINE more!!! :nice::rlaugh:

Yeah, I've been on SVTP looking around. Many run M/T's. I don't want to run those becaue if I get caught in rain, I don't wanna be sliding around. 600RWHP is enough for me. You run out of road before you run out of speed. lol

another thing you can do also is have the blower ported, i saw a 03' the other night when we were all hangin out with a stage 5 steigmeyer ported blower and it sounded sick. blower sounded like a kenne bell for real. just a thought.

The stock Eatons cant really go past 550-600 rwhp no matter how large the porting job is. They just dont have the size :shrug:
Plus, at thoes power levels they turn into heat pumps :notnice: (more so)