White Face Gauges - What do you have?

wiski

Jun 24, 2003
Pittsburg, CA
I've got a set of white faces for the stock gauges in my 92, but I hate them. They are the ElectroLumicesant (sp) kind, which are kind of like the old indiglo back ground for casio watches. I'm I've seen them, but I'd like to know what type of gauge faces are you guys using? Pros ... cons ....

• Sponsors (?)

i think mine are mac...i dont have them in teh car yet..they were on a friends car and they were a tad hard to see at night...but are the best looking in the daytime imo....yet another tradeoff in teh mustang world. u can still see but it just seems that the light doesnt get all the way thru on them

I bought mine on ebay from Blue oval racing. It was a complete kit with ac over lay and needle removal tool. Ill try to find a link...They use stock lights
http://www.blueovalindustries.com/

complete%20wht%20fc.JPG

I have the Speedware ones too. Plenty bright at night, I've found that they are only dim if they are shinnied around a bit during installation. If the self adhesive glue on them shifts, it blocks the light. You just have to be deadnuts the first time. My only bittch about mine was getting it acurate- as you can see it's not exactly a stock replacement.
432856_11_full.jpg

432856_17_full.jpg

I had nrauto faces in my 99, with the blue lamp covers on it was too dim. With the covers off it looked like a yellow light bulb behind my dash. I ended up lightly spraying the bulbs with "Hot Paint" blue. That seem to work best.