White Stangs... Clay/Wax/Polish come in..

Smeech

Feb 28, 2004
Fremont, Ca
I noticed there were no threads on cleaning/waxing/polishing white stangs... Maybe we can get one started (w/ pics = even cooler)

Today, I used Mothers Clay Bar System.

I washed with 1/2 Meguiars Gold + 1/2 Dawn
Then dried (with the California Water Blade, makes drying easy)

I used the clay bar over the whole car. The hood and rear bumper seemed to benefit the most out of this. For the rear bumper, I believe when it rains, dirt comes down through the gutters on the trunk and deposits sit there, causing a build-up of dirt that cannot be removed by washing alone. The clay bar removed all of this, I was very pleased. The clay bar seemed to work better with just a spritz of the Mothers detailer... if the surface was too wet, it wouldn't really do anything. The clay bar took a little over an hour.

Then, I used the Mothers Carnuba Cleaner Wax with a machine buffer over the whole car. This stuff was pretty easy to remove.

Then, I used 3M Hand-Glaze over the whole car. This stuff is pretty hard to remove, but the next step removed any leftover...

Last, I used Meguiars NXT wax... this stuff was easy on and VERY easy off... I liked the simplicity of this wax... the shine afterwards is very nice.

I don't have pics yet... I'll take some in a few hours. I WISH I took some pics (at least of the rear bumper) so I could show the difference.

Anyway, enough of this, any other white stang owners want to share their wax experiences/opinions on products?

• Sponsors (?)

Sun was going down so I only got a few good ones today. Not enough time/room/sun/good angle to get full sized pics, but closeups are good. :)

I'll try to park it inside tonight so I can get some more good pics..

angled.jpg

Rear bumper... no tiny contaminates anymore!
bumper.jpg

Spoiler
spoiler.jpg

Attachments

• angled.jpg
    angled.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 91
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 81
  • spoiler.jpg
    spoiler.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 79
Smeech said:
Sun was going down so I only got a few good ones today. Not enough time/room/sun/good angle to get full sized pics, but closeups are good. :)

I'll try to park it inside tonight so I can get some more good pics..

angled.jpg

Rear bumper... no tiny contaminates anymore!
bumper.jpg

Spoiler
spoiler.jpg
post pics of the whole car

Attachments

• angled.jpg
    angled.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 84
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 94
  • spoiler.jpg