Who bought my Atlantic Blue '98 Cobra?

Steel Steeds

Aug 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I traded my '98 Cobra in on a GT 500 at Courtesy Ford in Portland, and it finally sold after almost two months. If anyone knows who bought it, I'd love to talk to them, I've got a bunch of stuff I'd like to give the new owner. I loved that car, but the new one is better yet...

• Sponsors (?)

It may have never sold actually unless you know that for sure. It's possible it got traded to another dealership or went to the dealer auction. If you really want to, you could probably call the dealership and find out.

They had it on their lot for a while, so I know they didn't auction it off right away. Another member here tried to buy it, but they jacked the price way up. I was out there last weekend and the sales manager told me it sold, but he might have been blowing smoke, hard to say.

I didn't live near Beavercreek, but I dated a woman out that way between 5 and 6 years ago, so it might have been me that you saw if it was that long ago. I also saw a Blue '98 Cobra convertible in the same area, and talked to that guy once or twice.

... or ban.

:rlaugh:

Alright, alright. Sorry for the delay, was out of town for Thanksgiving, just got back. But, here are some pics of my new toy:

front-sm.jpg

3qtr-sm.jpg

side-sm.jpg

Only mod so far is floor mats with the Cobra embroidered into them. Many more to come, but probably not until after the holidays. Exhaust is high on the list, this car is way too quiet.

Attachments

• front-sm.jpg
    front-sm.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 3qtr-sm.jpg
    3qtr-sm.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 52
  • side-sm.jpg
    side-sm.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 41
Are the stealerships still jacking up the prices with dealer markups or are they selling them at list price yet? If they are adding a markup, how much are they tacking on???
Well, here is a dealer with a used GT500 convertible they want 60 grand for: http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/car/488062493.html

That answer your question? ;)

Some dealers always ask markup. Damerow had $2000 markups on Mustang GT's for many years when they were anything but rare. Not sure if they still do that now.

All the dealerships ASK for an ADM, but that doesn't mean they're getting them. I did pay more than sticker, but nowhere near the $20k mark-up they were asking. I bought it at Courtesy Ford, and I've bought from them in the past and always been happy with the way they treat me. Paying a small ADM was worth it to get exactly the car I wanted without having to wait for it.

I'm still doing research on the various parts, but my current wish list for mods:
Full Bassani exhaust - long tube headers, catted X pipe, mufflers, 3" throughout
Steeda adjustable coilover suspension, LCAs, UCAs, & panhard
JLT CAI and Tune
Shelby/Alcoa 20" KR wheels
Shelby short throw shifter
Sequential taillight module

And a handful of appearance mods, like possibly the Silverhorse Racing flush mount quarter window louvers. It took me years to get my '98 dialed in exactly how I wanted it, so I'm sure this will take me a while also. I'd already have the short throw shifter, except it hasn't been released yet. The stock shifter feels like a wet noodle in a bowl of jello to me, after years of rowing a B&M Ripper on my '98 Cobra. And I loved my long tube headers and Flowmasters on the '98, can't wait to be able to hear the pipes on the Shelby.