who do you think would win this race?

• Sponsors (?)

the other day i raced my friends 6 cyl supercharged buick regal an beat him and also beat him off the line too which i didnt think i would, it was a good race though, i didnt beat him by to much as my car is pretty stock an his is supercharged

Would you win?

Honestly... I dont think so... he has amazing AWD... but it will be most likely a drivers race in the end...depending on drivers capability + traction.

No talons DONT SUCK, especially AWD's. I had one, cept it wasnt AWD and I miss her very bad. She was PRETTY quick for a little beater.

17yr old...
I hope you know what BPU stands for... it just means BASIC PERFORMANCE UPGRADES. Which is like CAI, EXHAUST...etc.

Chip + Exhaust = a BPU in my book.

Pete :nice:

cb18201 said:
My 1994 gt with mods listed below VS. a 1990 AWD eagle talon, 4 banger with a stock turbo, a chip, and exhaust? who do you think would win

If you can drive it will be close. If you can't drive you won't catch him. It will be close. Driver's race. Depends on how well you know how to launch that mustang. Race him and find out. WALK THE WALK.

I raced one of the older AWD Talons and I won, but it was a close race. I had the stock 2.73's on at the time and I spun for a couple of seconds because I was just learning how to drive her. You should win, but never underestimate your opponent.

Well, Back in the day when my car was stock this kid in my school approached me and asked if i wanted to run his 99 eclipse gsx ( same as AWD talon). I said bring it on. Then as I asked around everyone told me i would get smoked, so i got a lil nervous. Well the next day after school, we went to the bridge. We went on three, and instantly pulled like a car length on me. at this point i was like *****. Well I powershifted 1-2 and went wayyy sideways, but man did that feel cool. I was right on his ass, and as i hit 3rd, i was dead even. when we went past the mark on the bridge i was by him like a length, and had a smile from ear to ear. It was by far the best race i ever had. lol. All i can say is give it h*ll. good luck, and post those results. :banana:

Its gonna be a pretty close race, Id say youd have him if you had some aftermarket heads and were running a set of headers to your x pipe instead of stock exaust manifolds, you may have headers but I didnt see them in your mod list. Ive seen many a DSM (Talons, Eclipses, Stealths, 3000GT's) running 10's all day on stock internals and drive home the same night, theyre extremely cheap to mod up compared to all the other import cars so youll find a lot more fast eagles and mtsu's than you will honduhs and all that other mess, but if his turbo setup is pretty much stock then I wouldnt worry about it too much. If you know how to handle your car pretty good and he doesnt, then Id say youre gonna get him.

yeah, to piss him off really good, once you beat him, start giving him ideas on how to make it go faster. Tell him to drop in a newer BB T25 turbo and kick up the boost or something else that sounds really mumbo jumbo like and he'll give you props. Oh, by the way, once he does that, make sure you put stuff on your car to smoke him again!

Remember, 5.0's respond WELL to mods

I raced my friend with a 99 GSX spyder on the highway and it i pulled on him but not quite as fast as i would hope, off the line he as keep up with Cobras no 03 but 01ish's....and in the 1/4 mile off the line is the biggest part of the race he11 look at my 60ft time 2.3....in the 1/4 if i got a 2.3 and he did a awd lunch it would be a d@mn good race....and the mod for my car and his car aren't much off the mods for your car and the talon....yes i am a vert but the guy i raced was too so all was equal. (he has a GSX Spyder it was converted to awd)

You are in for a rude awakening if this guy can launch properly (which on an AWD is not as easy as redlining and dropping the clutch). Forget about it he has a $15. manual boost controller. The 90-91 is the lightest and most capable of all DSM's. It also has the largest factory turbo (14b) which has take MANY into the low 12's. Here is an example of a talon that will run low 13's on street tires (awd) with little mods
:1 exhaust
:2 boost 17psi (stock is 13)
:3 k&n and a good launch

Your car might see low 14's. Some people on here are ignorant to any car other then a stang. I owned 3 stangs and am on my 4th right now (see sig below) I also am on my 2nd DSM (first was a 90 eclipse GSX,now I have a 91 Talon TSi.) Stock for stock it is very close but for under $500. there is NOTHING short of nitrous that you can do to a 94+stang to stay with a 90-94 AWD DSM with the same $500. in mods. Plain and simple. You would need at least gears/exhaust/slicks and thats wayy more the $500.

Just be carefull and see what happends if he can't launch it the car will fall on its face and you will make him look really stupid,cause if your in front of him he will not run you down without some decent mods.