Who has agreed value or collector insurance on a Fox body?

I had just seen an interview with Jim Grundy or Grundy Insurance and he said they changed their Policies because they want you to enjoy the car. He said it was fine to drive it to work on a nice day and what not, the restriction was that you had to keep it in a locked garage and have a daily driver.

I just called them 5 minutes ago to ask some question. I stated I was just slightly worried about getting screwed if I was in an accident and they determined I happen to be at the wrong place or somewhere I sholdn't. The guy said not to worry. He said stopping for dinner on the way home from a car show wouldn't be a problem. He even said they are letting up on driving it to work once or twice a week because as he said, "You might be going to a car show after work, or just want to show it to a new coworker."

They just pushed the issue it must be garaged, not a backup car if your daily driver breaks down, and no timed events.

I think I'll be getting a policy with them. Right now I'm paying like $80 a month for State Farm vs. $240ish a year for Grundy.

• Sponsors (?)

Will the set agreed value just based on vehicle condition??

I see some guys here have agreed value, but they have them for $25K or something.

Can i just set maybe $6K?

I want to insure my Fox so that if anything happens i can easily replace it with a similar condition vehicle, and not get a check for $2300 or something low. My car isn't a show car, but it's clean.

So if i call an appraiser up to come give me a value, am i gonna get laughed at or will they do stock clean vehicles?

Me2

I'd like to know as well.

I currently have State Farm and my agent told me they would not do agreed value. :shrug:

My car is not perfect but it's 100% rust free and I have a TON of hours into it in mods and fixing little things (brakes, suspension, exhaust etc). Took me a long time to find one in this condition for what I paid. I'd be pretty upset if they cut me a check for $3k and said have a nice day. :mad:

I checked with 3 or 4 collector car companies last year and could not find any place that would let me drive it to work daily in the summer. Trailer queen is not my thing, I bought it to drive it.

Sucks. :notnice:

MA does do ageed value. I asked my insurance agent and she gave me a few places that were high-end type collector car appraisers. I was kinda hoping for a lower "average" value as my car isn't done and does have flaws.

I don't want to embarrass myself by calling up a company that appraises $100K+ automobiles and have them come look at my $5-7K fox. But then again, i have over $1K in control arms alone, so i don't want to get screwed if something happens.

I can't do any of the collector car insurance companies because they either don't unsure MA or the car need to be 25 years or older.

I just went thru classic car agreed value for 15K, I would give them a call and see what they say. I would think that they would cover you for 6K. Of course there is a mileage limit of 6K so this may not be what you are looking for.

For mine I submitted a word document of all the mods on the car. I made sure each item had the manufactures name. I didn’t think $355 is bad for 1 year.

Scott

Northeast Classic Car Insurance

Northeast Classic Car Insurance had this to say:

In consideration of the premiums charged under this policy, it is agreed that any vehicle insured under
this program will be used for:
a. exhibition
b. club activities
c. parades, or
d. other functions of public interest

Coverage will not apply when used for:
a. backup transportation
b. errands
c. driving to work or school
d. business or commercial purposes
e. participation in practicing, or testing for any racing, speed contests time trials or
on-track event of any kind.

I was told I could drive it to work no more than 2 days per week and no going to the store with it.

Still thinking about it, but seems like the best option I have seen so far...

i'm in michigan and i have grundy.the value was 9,000 and it's about 300.00 for the year with full coverage.this year i'm going to increase the value to 15k due to the mods since i got the 90lx last year.

I have Grundy insurance on both of my stangs for $400 a year. I have an agreed value of $11,000 on my notch, & $20,000 for my Mach. I doubt they are worth that much, but why not shoot high? Anyhow, I have no mileage limits, the only limiting factor is, the cars can't be a daily driver, but can be driven to work a few times a year on nice days...

Anyone know if any companies will insure MA on a vehicle under 25 years old? Mine is 22.

I'll be finding out this spring when my resto is done. MA is still tough in this area but I have supporting photo's & receipts to prove it, I'll have to have it appraised also. They do alot of crazy formula based quotes that is a percentage above the book value and something else but it still low. my insurance guy seems to think I'll be okay since I have all the supporting documents vs just saying " I got it painted " :D. either way like I stated MA can be a pia with newer year models.

My prob is a lot of my stuff i don't have receipts for. I have full leather seats out of a newer Mustang in great shape, and yet no receipts. Same goes for my wheels. They are like new, but i bought them used. There there is the time i spent painting and cleaning and just bringing everything back that I did myself and isn't represented by any sort of receipt at all.

So i'm curious what they will say if i bring my car in to be appraised in the spring to try and do an agreed policy on it.

My prob is a lot of my stuff i don't have receipts for. I have full leather seats out of a newer Mustang in great shape, and yet no receipts. Same goes for my wheels. They are like new, but i bought them used. There there is the time i spent painting and cleaning and just bringing everything back that I did myself and isn't represented by any sort of receipt at all.

So i'm curious what they will say if i bring my car in to be appraised in the spring to try and do an agreed policy on it.

The appraisers know what to look for, the fact that the seats aren't stock and it's obvious same for the wheels they can see it and are car guys certified to do appraisels. it's mainly for stuff you can't easily see or see at all, etc. like I changed all the sensors under the hood, the gas tank + fuel pump, struts, springs, brand new tranny, rebuilt rearend, basicaly 99% of the car w/o getting into everything. I got alot of stuff I'm claiming so receipts and photo's are important. you have photo's which are proof and verifies the claim. I'm trying to get has much as possible so they are going to want to see some proof.

What are some of your guys' mileage restrictions? I may plan on doing this once I get my car running. I dont care too much about how much they cover or what they cover, I'd just want some cheap insurance so I can drive it around every once and a while and if I get pulled over I dont lose my license for not having insurance.