Who has an aftermarket shifter handle?

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Thinking about getting rid of my stock handle. I was thinking about getting a leather knob, but then i thought about my silver accents i have in the car. I am looking at getting one of the pistol grip handles. I think it would feel alright, but then again i dont know.

Anyway, what do u guys run? Post pics if u got 'em.

• Sponsors (?)

2198841_71_full.jpg

80742.jpg

i love mine...

I have the MGW shifter and "Gripper" ball with silver accents on my t56. I didnt like the ball too much at first but it grew on me. Now it is winter in New England so I dont get to use it, the stang is off the road for a few more months....BOOOO!

My fraturnaty brother had a Hurst shifter handle on his Chevy truck. I had to drive it a few times either because of the snow or because my car was broken. I didnt like it, it felt kind of stupid. I dont think that the T-Handle would be good for power shifting, I think it would be way too bulky and powershifts would suck balls...(think 3rd gear) but to each his own.
(Still sober and doing it right)
-fawcett

fawcett said:
I have the MGW shifter and "Gripper" ball with silver accents
+1 on the MGW. All their stuff is rock solid quality and wear like iron. And I have their shifter ball too (plus short throw shifter). No question, if I had to make that decision over again, I'd go MGW. And they look and feel great too.

This pic is not really centering on the shifter well, but I had it handy.
680313_28_full.jpg

When I bought my trany from D&D I went with the leather 6-speed cobra handle. I thought it was nice but kind of bulky. Again the MGW Gripper Ball I have now is what Ilike best. I had a tri-ax short throw shifter with my t5 with the stock handle. It was also nice, but I like the adjustability the MGW shifters offer better especially accompanied with their shifter ball.
-fawcett