Who has an anderson Power pipe?

WhiteDevil

Feb 4, 2003
San Diego
im lookin into one of these to replace my MAC that got stolen. I like that its Ceramic Coated and that it puts the MAF and filter in the fender well. What have you heard about them? In the pic i dont see provisions for the Oil Breather or Temp Sensor, are they there?

• Sponsors (?)

You have to plug the hose to the valve cover and install a breather. The ACT sensor screws into the rubber piece that hides in the fender. I have had both the N/A and Vortech version of the AFM PowerPipe and I have loved them, plus AFM is like 2 hours from me so I have to support them:)

My AFM power pipe was the worst thing I've ever bought for my car. Read the stangnet reviews about it. Here's my complaints;

-No oil breather line, had to fabricate a filter for the hose that now just sits on top of the valve cover.
-Horrible fit. You'll have to play with it for awhile and twist it everywich way to get it to fit right.
-The pipe hits the alternator and oil cap, and now the ceramic coating is rubbing off on those two spots.
-The pipe is made to rest in the hole in the fenderwell, there is no attachment to hook it into the side of the fenderwell. I had to line the whole fenderwell with rubber so the ceramic coating wouldn't rub off.

The way the pipe is built you have to fabricate your own way of keeping it in the fenderwell otherwise it will bounce around all over the place since the only thing keeping it in place is the rubber sleeve to the throttle body. AFM even admits this and told me the pipe is really only designed for strip cars.

Also the pipe puts the air filter right down at teh bottom of the fenderwell so don't drive through any puddles with it or you'll lock up the engine.

I also didn't feel any power difference with it, $229 down the drain.

If I had to do it all over again, I would make my own CAI like Vib and some of the other guys in here. If you have any other questions about it PM me.

Just plug the line on the valve cover and slap a breather in place of the cap. Mine hit the alt. when I first installed it, but I just twisted it one way and it worked fine. When you cut the hole in the fender just cut some tubing and line the hole with it, much like a grommet. I have had PowerPipes on my car for over 5000 street miles with no probs. Driving through puddles and locking your car up is untrue unless the puddle is 2 feet deep and you go through it at WOT. Also the PowerPipe adds about 10rwhp on a 280-290rwhp car. You will not be able to feel that, but it will be there. Anyone that tells you they can feel a gain from a TB or headers, or catback on a basically stock car is a liar anyway. You must gain upwards of 15-20rwhp before you can really "feel" it.

My Dad works for Ford and he was told the engine lock up stories are true. The Lincoln Mark VIII's had their air filter in the fenderwell similar to the AFM power pipe. There were hundreds of cases of broken rods in those cars that were driven through puddles. If you want I can send you the information he recieved.

S/Cblak95GT, do you have the supercharger power pipe? White Devil is talking about getting the Natural aspiration pipe.

The oil breathers I've tried in place of the oil cap still hit the rubber grommet connecting the pipe to the throttle boday. Its no big deal, but for $230 I would expect something better.

The Morpheus pipe is a much better deal. It includes the oil breather hook up. It has a bend before the throtle body to miss the oil cap and alternator and it bolts to the fenderwell.

I have the power pipe on my Vortech 95 and I hate it. The thing will not stay on the blower to save its life. I have called and talked to Rick and he pretty much laughed at me and told me I was full of sh$t and that that has never happened before. I plan on taking it off this spring and trying something else. I will not recommend a power pipe to anyone.

Leeroy697 said:
I have the power pipe on my Vortech 95 and I hate it. The thing will not stay on the blower to save its life. I have called and talked to Rick and he pretty much laughed at me and told me I was full of sh$t and that that has never happened before. I plan on taking it off this spring and trying something else. I will not recommend a power pipe to anyone.

I had the same issues. I drilled screws thru the rubber boot to the lip of the blower. That plus the clamp works well.

It doesn't matter about N/A or blower they both are built very similiar. They put the MAF/Air filter in the same spot. N/A one curves towards the Tb and the blower version bends toward the housing.

zenboy99 said:
S/Cblak95GT, do you have the supercharger power pipe? White Devil is talking about getting the Natural aspiration pipe.

I have had both. No problems with either. I removed the pipe from my blower once and I darn near couldn't get it off. The part that attaches to the blower should have a reducer in it. Mine was so tight that I had to oil the blower inlet in order to slide it on.

I have catalytic converters on my car, that robs a couple horsepower. But I'm actually running about 246rwhp. I dynoed 255rwhp running very very lean. Once I got the fuel pressure up I dynoed at 246rwhp. I think my Pro-M 80mm meter helps alot too.

Have you checked out the Morpheus pipe yet? Is your insurance helping you out with any of this?

zenboy99 said:
I have catalytic converters on my car, that robs a couple horsepower. But I'm actually running about 246rwhp. I dynoed 255rwhp running very very lean. Once I got the fuel pressure up I dynoed at 246rwhp. I think my Pro-M 80mm meter helps alot too.

Have you checked out the Morpheus pipe yet? Is your insurance helping you out with any of this?

I thought Morpheus went out of business which would make their pipe unavailable.

:shrug:

Later
Grady

zenboy99 said:

Yeah they said that they would cover up to 1000 dollars of aftermarket parts. So with the MAF and Intake it will cover it.