Who has and how are Powerdyne Superchargers

• Sponsors (?)

I've been using one since 2003 without any problems with the blower. I bought a rebuilding kit for it but I never had to use it. Always run a bypass valve with these blowers. I few years ago i was running a 12 lb pulley and blew a head gasket while racing it.

You can counting on it adding a 80 to 120 hp depending on your pulley and engine setup.

doing a quick search will find my opinion on powerdynes along with my horror story about the install.....the bottom line is you get what you pay for. coming from someone who had a bd11a and is now running an s-trim, i would look for a used s-trim, novi2000, or procharger before i would ever consider a powerdyne.

I was wondering the same exact thing, All i want to do is make 300 rwhp in my car and just have it as a street car and not really a track car, would the powerdyne be fine for this setup or will it still be crap? The only other thing i would do down the road would be get a set of gt40 heads after the supercharger if i got it. sorry to possibly stealing the thread, but from reading i also heard they are crap for track cars and tend to break a lot and they dont produce as much psi as they say.

Danman765432 said:
I was wondering the same exact thing, All i want to do is make 300 rwhp in my car and just have it as a street car and not really a track car, would the powerdyne be fine for this setup or will it still be crap? The only other thing i would do down the road would be get a set of gt40 heads after the supercharger if i got it. sorry to possibly stealing the thread, but from reading i also heard they are crap for track cars and tend to break a lot and they dont produce as much psi as they say.
with the 9lb. pulley setup, i never saw over 6psi on the gauge. and that was with the belt as tight as a banjo string. if you look at some of my other posts, the biggest issue i have with powerdyne is the fitment and overall design of the kit. search in this forum for my username and powerdyne and you will find my posts. it is way too much to rewrite.

Green 94 5.0 said:
doing a quick search will find my opinion on powerdynes along with my horror story about the install.....the bottom line is you get what you pay for. coming from someone who had a bd11a and is now running an s-trim, i would look for a used s-trim, novi2000, or procharger before i would ever consider a powerdyne.
Thats what I was thinking...