Who has done a v6-v8 swap on here? i need help!!?

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by kovacs22, Apr 9, 2004.

1. ZIPP0

ZIPP0 Founding Member

Definitely start saving up for that rear though.

My friend did a V6 to V8 swap on his 2000, snapped his rear on about his 15th launch.
  2. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

i know 6 different guys around here that dyno over 600hp using the stock 5.0 block with no problems

i really don`t like the idea of someone wasting time swapping an engine for no good reason. if a 4.6 is wanted then just buy a 4.6 equipped car and save yourself the headachs
  3. kovacs22

kovacs22 Founding Member

well...

Its not a head ache for me, this is my first and only car and i plan to keep it. So putting a v8 in my car is by no means a headache to me, sure its a hassle but it will be done and it will be great and i dont care wether you think its a good idea or not because its my car and my project and i dont really care wether you think its a good idea or not, i asked for help on my topic, not your opinion and telling me i shoulda "modded the 6" but to those of you who helped me out, thank you!!

Ryan
  4. cobra232

cobra232 New Member

yes i understand and i appologize to you. i wish you luck in your swap.

www.supersixmotorsports.com has done some v8 swaps they may be able to help you
  5. DrK MrK iV

DrK MrK iV New Member

I don't see how its a waste of money. Swapping the tranny out for a manual alone is worth the 1000 dollars. Modding a v-6 can't really compare to modding a v8. The performance for price isn't really there... All the bolt ons maxes out to 200 rwhp tops anyway. And those bolt ons cost more than 1 grand... This is coming from a guy who owned a v6 and went to a v8. Im not biased, just vaugly informed.