Who has owned both a Fox and 94/95? Should I trade my notch??

Kepp my Notch, or trade it for 94/95 GT?

• NO WAY MANIAC! Keep the notch, they are teh win!!!!11!!1!111!!!!1

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Ditch that old school look, TRADE your notch for a 94/95 GT, keep the power and ditch those looks!

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Wow... I love 94-95 GT's. I love the interiors (Black, black grey, black tan, LEATHER!) I love the looks, and most of all, I absolutley LOVE the look of 10.5's out back! My quesiotn is, who has owned BOTH a Fox and a 94/95? Which car do you prefer? What are the pro's con's of each? I like my notch, but Im not realling fealing my interior.

WWYD... What Would You Do? lol please vote...

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 95 cobra and an 89 notch right now. And I would take the 95 over the notch any day. I just love the looks of the newer style. But Notchs are pretty bad too. Just the question of what you are looking for: Looks or speed. Fox are lighter and better in a straight line, while the 94-98's are better in the curves. Hope you make the right choice. Pray over it.

i had an 87 trunk car and thank god i outgrew that phase. the 94/95's are better looking, better brakes, better dimensions, etc...

i would however like to have a nice clean lx hatch with a mach 1 motor for a daily driver.

87_GT said:
notchbacks always make my head turn.

Thats another thing! my notch is Titanium Frost, AKA SILVER! I thought this car would just blend in and no one notice its there. NOPE! I get looks and remarks all the time. Id love to drive a 94/95 to see how they are. anyone else?

BTW: Thanks for the quick responses! Damn, you 94/95 guys answer fast! I guess all the old geezers are in the 5.0 part lol.

i've had 3 foxes and 2 94/95's (and one '01)

There is no comparison for a daily driver, the 94+ are WAY better
The performance (drag) is very similar, and the suspension on the 94+ is alot smoother and way better ride quality.

I will NEVER own another fox as a DD, actually, i'll prob never own another period. you really dont know how crappy they are until you get a 94+

Not trying to start a big debate, but in my opinion-foxes blow b/c they are extremely outdated.
Go w/ the 94+

although, titanium frost Fawkin OWNS!! (my 92 GT was this color, and i loved it) pictures dont do the color any justice

I have to say that I agree with Patick's sentiments about the drivetrains and ergos. SN95's are much better DD's than foxes IMHO (I have one of each).

But I like the individuality of the foxes. There are not a whole ton of them around so they stand out a bit. Joe, you know how a lot of fox guys will do the 'hey I see you and you're cool' wave as you pass eachother? Um not so much with the SN95's. They blend in more and there are tons of them out there.

So if standing out is important, a cool fox can be nicer for that.

And thanks for clarifying the meaning of WWYD. I was afraid it was What would Yanni do. :D

i went from a fox with alot of money into it, to a stock sn95 (00 gt).

the difference in the car is unreal. i know its still just a cheap mustang, but to me it felt like going into a cadilac. ride is great, really smooth, havent regretted my decision one bit.

the fox does have alot of individuality on the road, to middle aged men mostly if your into that. they are out there still, not alot though. i used a rule of thumb for them with mine, its either beat to piss or taken care of.

id step up to an sn95 for the 5-lug, disc brakes, interior quality, newer look, ect. alot of people like notches if you decide to let it go, so finding a trade/buyer should be in your advantage somewhat.

HISSIN50 said:
So if standing out is important, a cool fox can be nicer for that.

I think it depends on who is judging...stang guys will respect a nice looking fox. I know i do...but i still prefer 94-95 looks wise. They are just more my style.

And i think the general public likes the the newer body styles more...if ya care about what the "non stang" people think:SNSign:

Basically, the only thing you will get with the 94/95 is a stiffer chassis. Interior is pretty much a moot point because both are relatively cheap plastic. The brakes are a moot point because both are horrid for any kind of performance handling. Ride quality is a moot point because neither one is actually better than the other and you have various aftermarket solutions to cure that anyway(subframe connectors, shocks etc).

Looks are subjective, although you will see many less clean foxes compared to 94-04 Mustangs. As they said on dream car garage yesterday....the fox Mustang is comparable to old muscle cars and even '55 chevies when it comes to popularity. The 79-92 fox is a car that dominated it's era....the 94-95 was kind of the blacksheep because the LT1 killed them in '94 and '95.

Im not knocking the 94-95, but they just don't catch my attention like a clean fox. Overall, I think the 94-95 is the better car for you because as you said, you love the looks. From a performance standpoint, you wont gain anything(except a little weight:) ) and you wont lose anything. Now if you were asking about an M3, EVO, Vette.....that would be another story!

If your using it as a d/d and occasionally taking it to the track, i would say get the Sn. They just seem to drive better to me. If however, you are building a strip only car. deffinatly keep the notch, cant beat them for weight savings.

It all depends, it depends on a LOT of things.
I had both, a '92 and now the '94, I WANTED the newer style, I liked the smooth lines and the sexy curves... the foxes are boxes.
The same thing goes for the '05s... I would never trade my car for one of those. Just not my style.
But if you can't decide purely on what you want... and are looking for the opinions of others to make the decision for you, just realize that:

women will love the sn95 more
and
men will love the fox body more

that's just the simple observation i have made.
and it's true, i don't care what anyone says :p

Caldwell said:
women will love the sn95 more
and
men will love the fox body more

that's just the simple observation i have made.
and it's true, i don't care what anyone says :p

that is correct.

also, so the 96-04 cars are "new edge"? :scratch: i thought 94-04 were considered sn95, 05 is sn197