Who here has driven 100,000 problem free miles on their Stang?

• Sponsors (?)

Let me start by knocking on wood.

I lived down a 2-3 mile really bumpy road when I bought my 2000GT and had to have the back shocks replaced at just over 30K. The clutch had begun to chatter a tiny bit so the dealer swapped in a new clutch, flywheel, etc. while it was in fixing the shocks.

Other than that it's oil changes every 5K miles, air filter when it's dirty, fuel filter every 30K or so. I did finally have to replace all the brake pads at just over 110K. :)

i had 0 problems up through 100k only if you minus the inevitable intake manifold rupture. I replace my oil every 3.5 months since my millage is usually not over 3k around there - with 10W-30 full syn. At that point i check every level of fluid that car uses. At 100k i also changed out my differential fluid to RP Max gear. I had most of my problems after 108k or so which included a tranny rebuild. But w/ synthetic ATF and a tranny cooler im hoping for even further problem free stanging

not quite 100k but my brother's 'o1 GT is pushing 70k with no major problems

he has no "maintenance routine" to speak of, just oil changes at walmart twice a year and new tires, everything else is as it came from Dearborn. i give him shxt for not taking better care of his car but he doesn't really care:shrug:

only problems i've had with my 'o2 was a blown shock in the rear and the driver side window fell off it's track, both replaced under warranty a few years back. now the only problem i have is the front bracket stop on the driver side window fell off so the window goes up too high. i just let go of the button before it gets to the top so i'm not really worried about it, $250+ for the glass alone so it can wait

other than that, 41,000 trouble free miles so far and every fluid, filter, belt and plug has been changed with the exception of the rear diff fluid

Problem free?! Most of us (if not all of us )have had to replace the IAC. As for me I have 100k on my cobra and have an intermittent ebrake light, witch sucks cause it affects the convertable top operation. Next is the rear right window that binds only going up, and the rear end bearings were blown out when I got the car(but not Fords fault.)

i had 0 problems up through 100k only if you minus the inevitable intake manifold rupture. I replace my oil every 3.5 months since my millage is usually not over 3k around there - with 10W-30 full syn. At that point i check every level of fluid that car uses. At 100k i also changed out my differential fluid to RP Max gear. I had most of my problems after 108k or so which included a tranny rebuild. But w/ synthetic ATF and a tranny cooler im hoping for even further problem free stanging

What happened with your transmission at 108k?

Let me start by knocking on wood.

I lived down a 2-3 mile really bumpy road when I bought my 2000GT and had to have the back shocks replaced at just over 30K. The clutch had begun to chatter a tiny bit so the dealer swapped in a new clutch, flywheel, etc. while it was in fixing the shocks.

Other than that it's oil changes every 5K miles, air filter when it's dirty, fuel filter every 30K or so. I did finally have to replace all the brake pads at just over 110K. :)

your brake pads lasted that long? :eek:

my 97 had 108,000 before I blew the upper intake the s**T but other than that
3000 miles Oil change
8000 mile rear diff and tranny fluid change
and I beat the hell out of her every day !

how'd you blow the upper intake?

my 96 is at 91,000 trouble free miles and almost 12 yearsof driving it...only failure was the IAC...

I replaced my IAC just last week even though my car didn't have idling problems. Since my car is just past 66,000 miles, I replaced the IAC since it wasn't a too expensive "maintenance" replacement part.

Problem free?!

let's hope so (knocks on wood)

I just sold my 2002 GT, but it had 70,800 miles on it, daily driver for 3 years. Owned the car since it had 27k miles on it and I did regular maintenance to it.

Tranny flush at 55k, oil changes ever 3-5k miles, brakes when they needed it, brake fluid flush and coolant flush every summer. Fuel filter change every 15k miles.

Car ran strong as hell :nice: Never had any part break on me or anything needing replacing.

...have a new toy now, so I'm starting over

does a catastrophic engine fire count as a problem?

Every time I see your fire post it makes me sad:( , sorry dude:nonono:

After speaking to my Cobras three preveious owners it had no problems at all till 103K when it blew the head gasket. So the guy I just bought it from put on new heads, new tranny, clutch and brakes. Now has 111k and still has no problems.

Almost 123k, no problems currently aside from worn out coil packs and a slight oil useage which I feel is a PCV issue.

Beat the crap out of it, taken it to the track, autocrossed it...

lets see...at 100K I think my intake manifold had been replaced..;)

since then the alternator an clutch at about 120k...and I just changed the gears at 184K (but that was WAYYY over due)...oh and I changed a front hub assy, but I don't think it really needed it, but after 150k it couldn't hurt

I change the oil at 5,000 miles (Castrol with a Motorcraft filter) and the gear and trans fluid every 50K (with Royal Purple)

I've been through a few sets of plugs and shocks and belts too...