Who here is in the Seattle area?

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talkin' the guy with the dark hair? If so, that's hilarious. It's my friend Jason Lawrence and his wife Susan from Oklahoma. If you're talking about the blonde guy, it was taken last August.

Are you talkin' the guy with the dark hair? If so, that's hilarious. It's my friend Jason Lawrence and his wife Susan from Oklahoma. If you're talking about the blonde guy, it was taken last August.
Creepy,
My long lost twin in Oklahoma :nice:

I swear the back of my head looks exactly the same :p

Tell my twin Jason that Jason says 'hi' :rlaugh:

*Picking up Fork with cork stuck in end...*
Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklamoma!

what kind of camera are you using? Those are some awesome pics, I used to do a lot of shooting, but haven't been into it much lately.

I use an Olympus E-500 DSLR. I usually shoot with an upgraded 14-54mm zoom that cost almost as much as the camera. The lense makes all the difference in the world and I've been really pleased with it. A couple of them were taken over the last several years with some of my old point-and-shoots, but most of them are with the E-500.

Jason, I'll tell Jason you said "hey". :rlaugh:

About 35 minutes.

An article about Bainbridge from today's Seattle Times, though it may be what prompted the question.

Good article, kinda sad. Theres alot of places like that here. But Ill tell you what. According to this article;
IF THERE IS one recent development that crystallizes everyone's fears about the island, it is Money magazine's designation in July 2006 of Bainbridge Island as the second-best place in the country to live, between Moorstown, N.J., and Naperville, Ill., and eight slots ahead of Mill Valley, Calif. The list was of toney, deliberately precious, high-priced suburban communities — arguably as far from the island's traditional self-image as you can get.
HOW THE HELL DID NJ MAKE THAT LIST? Makes me question it a bit. 35 minutes for a commute is t/ts!! Sounds expensive to buy but I wonder about rentals? Are there schools on the island??

I had a best friend who lived on bainbridge island about 10 years ago. I remember the car lines at the ferry, it's like a mile long. Everybody would rush about the island trying to hop on at the right time. You'd always hear people at the gas station "oh shoot! I'm not gonna make it in time!" They have a farmers market on the weekends, great place to get fresh local foods. Smells like armpits though. speaking of armpits, you should look up some articles about bumbershoot, bite of seattle, and hempfest (if you're into that), those are some really cool summer functions at seattle center. Me and my buddies would get an 18-pack and stuff in in a backpack, and just get nice 'n drunk on the grass, and wander around eating really wierd ****.

damn, now I wanna move here! :lol:

I had a best friend who lived on bainbridge island about 10 years ago. I remember the car lines at the ferry, it's like a mile long. Everybody would rush about the island trying to hop on at the right time. You'd always hear people at the gas station "oh shoot! I'm not gonna make it in time!" They have a farmers market on the weekends, great place to get fresh local foods. Smells like armpits though. speaking of armpits, you should look up some articles about bumbershoot, bite of seattle, and hempfest (if you're into that), those are some really cool summer functions at seattle center. Me and my buddies would get an 18-pack and stuff in in a backpack, and just get nice 'n drunk on the grass, and wander around eating really wierd ****.

damn, now I wanna move here! :lol:
I'll have a house warming party!!:D

wythors, thanks for the info! Golden!!:nice:

In the summer, there really isn't a humidity problem here like there is in other parts of the country. We have a few humid days, but nothing serious. Even when it gets hot, we usually have a breeze to keep the humidity down.

I lived in the midwest for 30+ years. Their is NO humidity in Seattle. The Pacific Ocean is like air conditioner, whereas the Gulf of Mexico which feeds the midwest is like a sauna.

No joke! I remember going to spring break in FT Lauderdale(spl) in the end of March and recall walking outside in the morning with a major hangover and almost passing out! It was like getting slapped in the face!:nonono:
Back to Bainbridge. Are there hospitals on the island?

Sorry, I haven't been to Bainbridge for about twenty years. As far as I know, most major services have to be found in either Seattle or across the bridge (on the west side of the island) and down the road in Bremerton. That was the main thing that kept my folks from settling there when we moved here in '77.

edit: If you go to http://www.bainbridgeisland.com/ and click on "maps", you can click on different catagories and it will show you where different things are. There apparently are no hospitals on the island.

I joined a regional forum and have been hanging out in the Seattle/Washington rooms. I didnt realize how bad the rain affects people (sad) that really sucks! Instead of giving these people drugs or light boxes they should make them live in New Jersey for a year! :D They would soon appreciate what they have!How do you guys deal with it? Sounds pretty serious. Sorry for the touchy subject but I wanna cover all my bases!