Who likes the smell of cat crap? Not me . . .

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Apparently cat crap smells. In fact, it smells bad enough to make me not want to enter the house after work. Their crap is ungodly. Even the WORST of my craps have never smelled as bad as our cat's dooky :eek: :puke: . . . So I came up with the Uber Crap Fan!!!! It sucks the turd gas right through a silenced 50 cfm bathroom fan into the attic which is vented. It works so well!

View attachment 494245
View attachment 494247

Anyway . . . yeah off topic post for off topic forum :spam: :worthlesa:

• Sponsors (?)

My brother was thinking of making a sensor/timer circuit for it. But I was like screw it, lets just get it working, I can't stand the smell a second longer. We used a dimmer knob to turn it on and off. You can turn it down somewhat but the fan is a 120v/60hz motor so when you start to mess with it via rheostat, it doesn't want to turn. But I just let it go full on becuase it's dead silent even at that rate.

We only have two cats that Laura just had to adopt when they were 10wks old. I love the two, but christ their crap stinks! I have to do my best to keep Laura from bringing home a bunch of animals, lol. I think if I wasn't here to keep it in check, she would become a cat lady herself!

It would be pretty easy to make a platform for the cat to stand on(on the way in/out), and trigger a fan timer. You can get a 5/15/30 min timer from homedepot or whatever u guys have down there.

Thats what i would do, would be pretty damn cool.

Ya but your cat is not scared of the fan's noise ? I mean damn, I start the bathroom fan and the cat steps 10 feets in the air. I wouldn't imagine starting the fan by mistake while he's pooping, he'll never come back poo in his spot... And btw, I HATE CAT CRAP ASWELL

Well my brother can wire up a motion sensor and program the microcontroller himself. He's looking into it. It pays to know an electrical engineer :D

As for the noise, like I said, the fan is almost totally silent becuase of how I silenced it, so it doesn't bother them the least!

I installed a pet door in the wall from the laundry room to the garage, and built a box on the garage side out of the sheets that you put on the wall to hang stuff on (Lots of holes). I made the outer wall of the box hinged, so I can open it to grab the litter and change it out etc. I put the cats food in there too. If I can smell it, it's time for fresh litter. It's worked out really well.
Brandon