WHO MAKES A GOODD THROW OUT BEARING??

Black1987Stang

Aug 22, 2004
Jersey Shore
I put in my trans last year with a new throw out bearing thinking "hey might as well put in a new one while the trans is out, can't hurt right?" and it started squeaking a few weeks ago and now it sounds like a kennebell under my car when I push in the clutch all the way. I think it's an Autozone piece, I liked the one I had in before I got from Autozone when I lived in TN, had a machined flat surface, and looked cheap with like a plastic base but never had any problems with it ever, Timken made it so I got another one from there but it was a different style, it was completely metal and it sucks....

Where can I get a GOOD TOB that isn't going to take a dump after a year?? Stealership??

• Sponsors (?)

Who needs a throwout bearing....:shrug: whats that??¿¿ hahah
I don't know my spec came with a nice one.DoNOT GET THE PLASTIC AUTOZONE TIMKEN ONE!only if its plasic stay away if its their metal one it should be good.

KJ

Who needs a throwout bearing....:shrug: whats that??¿¿ hahah
I don't know my spec came with a nice one.DoNOT GET THE PLASTIC AUTOZONE TIMKEN ONE!only if its plasic stay away if its their metal one it should be good.

KJ

The one I have in that's squealing and whining IS the metal Timken one :notnice:

I had that plastic one in there before this one and it worked beautiful for years....I was debating on it too after I saw it was like a plastic I would have returned it but hence had no car I couldnt tell my friend that drove me all around to go back.

I'm going to Ford tomorrow to pick one up to do this weekend after I do my mom's cv axle. Hopefully that one isn't made from cheap chinese parts or something. (and yea some dealer parts do come from out of country...or made from another company to ford "specs")

The one I have in that's squealing and whining IS the metal Timken one :notnice:

I had that plastic one in there before this one and it worked beautiful for years....I was debating on it too after I saw it was like a plastic I would have returned it but hence had no car I couldnt tell my friend that drove me all around to go back.

I'm going to Ford tomorrow to pick one up to do this weekend after I do my mom's cv axle. Hopefully that one isn't made from cheap chinese parts or something. (and yea some dealer parts do come from out of country...or made from another company to ford "specs")

Just think of the plastic one being lightweight.Uh...faster Throwoutspeed....:nice:

anyway its weird that the metal one is squealing either way I stay away from Timken for the stango.

KJ

I'm in the same shoes. The one i have in the car is solid aluminum and has never gave me any problems or noise..not sure what brand. I went just last night and saw the plastic Autozone/Timkin piece and shyed away...i don't like the idea of plastic in my drivetrain.

I'm in the same shoes. The one i have in the car is solid aluminum and has never gave me any problems or noise..not sure what brand. I went just last night and saw the plastic Autozone/Timkin piece and shyed away...i don't like the idea of plastic in my drivetrain.

Ya I went and seen that thing and was like "I'LL Pass" maybe it would work in a rice burner,but I won't put that in my car.Just peace of mind to keep it metal.

KJ

One thought that was not previously mentioned. Is the clutch out of adjustment? If the fingers are up against the throw out bearing when the clutch is released, the bearing will spin all the time. This will smoke the bearing in short order, and is not necessarily good for your clutch either. Just a thought.

Good luck,
Scott

I'm pretty positive I had it adjusted with a little slack in it so it's not constantly under pressure.

Well picked one up for $44.65 from Downs Ford, plan on doing it tomorrow, not looking forward to it but should be nice to not have a kenne bell whine everytime I push in the clutch.