who makes a stall converter for ll

Discussion in '1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech' started by barrylee66, Jun 19, 2006.

1. barrylee66

barrylee66 Member

I have a project 77 coupe 351 w and I get to the tranny I have a c-4 small shaft small bell like stock ll 91/2 boltn patern and nono of the converters have that small of pattern who makes one or do I have th use the 164 tooth bell
  2. Mstng2

Mstng2 Founding Member

Tourist Transmission in SLC made mine for me (2000 RPM stall)
  3. parthos

parthos Founding Member

It depends on how much you want to spend on a converter, and what your expectations are. I have gone through 4 torque conveters before I have one that I'm tickled to death about! They have ranged from reworked stock converters, to no named units, one TCI unit that stalled lower than stock, and finally I had to have one made since I ballooned my reworked stocker. Edge converters did the one I am happy with http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/ but it wasn't cheap, $500 for the unit. Talk to andre, let him know what you've got, I can get about 3000rpm out of the foot break, and about a 3500rpm flash out of the converter, exactly what I wanted.
  4. Blue Thunder

Blue Thunder Active Member

Dynamic in Connecticut.
  5. danimaltheanima

danimaltheanima New Member

I had ordered a TCI Street Fighter 3500 stall converter and the bolt pattern didn't fit it was to big. So I called them back up and told them and they sent me one out that fit perfect. I'm happy with it. I also have a C-4. I beleive it was a 10inch bolt pattern or something like that. It wasn't to cheap either though.